Make poison permanent (curable of course)

13 hours ago, Mr.P said:

Tbh i would love if the Poisonslider in the Worldoptions would allow you to customize poison.

Then you could choose the duration yourself like say you got Short what is the 1 day option we had previously, medium lenght what is the 3 day timer we got now, long what is maybe 10+, permanent what is poison prepatch and none.

This way people can Customize poison as much as they like and no one can complain about it anymore.

I totally agree 

12 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

Ooh, I never knew that about the horned helmet. Now I have even more reason to craft one except from looking cool and high water resistance...

Don't take this personally, but that is what I meant before

12 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I have the feeling that many people don't understand that SW requires certain kind of knowledge and input. Some things you'll learn by experience (by dying some times) (sic), the others you can always learn from reading the patch notes or the Wiki entries.

You and many people playing playing SW need to learn a little bit more about the game... the Hornet Helmet was introduced two updates ago. I you wanna thrive in DS you need to constantly check what's new either on the patch notes or you can always use the Wiki for some info. Otherwise, you'll complaint about something that is completely avoidable. 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

You and many people playing playing SW need to learn a little bit more about the game... the Hornet Helmet was introduced two updates ago. I you wanna thrive in DS you need to constantly check what's new either on the patch notes or you can always use the Wiki for some info. Otherwise, you'll complaint about something that is completely avoidable. 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

For the love of God they do not tell you what an item does in the patch notes. One of the main things in Don't Starve is that you find out what an item does through trial and error, so of course they wouldn't tell you about the items the day they're released.

I have played Don't Starve for >300 hours. I know pretty much everything about the game. The reason that I didn't actively go out and see what the horned helmet/seashell suit did is because I didn't feel that I needed new items to aid my survival and that I was doing just fine without.

And frankly, I get poisoned so infrequently that I still don't see the point in getting them.

2 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

For the love of God they do not tell you what an item does in the patch notes. One of the main things in Don't Starve is that you find out what an item does through trial and error, so of course they wouldn't tell you about the items the day they're released.

I have played Don't Starve for >300 hours. I know pretty much everything about the game. The reason that I didn't actively go out and see what the horned helmet/seashell suit did is because I didn't feel that I needed new items to aid my survival and that I was doing just fine without.

And frankly, I get poisoned so infrequently that I still don't see the point in getting them.

They don't tell you but you can check the items' descriptions on the Fight Tab. Horned Helmet: "Shell out for some poison protection," Seashell Suit: "Pretty poison prevention"

I mean it is like really obvious what are this items for, don't you think??? 

11 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

You need a science machine to make it. How is it similar to a grass suit haha

It's a suit made of seashells and seaweed. I used (what I assumed was) common sense to determine that it would be crap.

I forgot that common sense does not apply in Don't Starve.

Anyway, you need a science machine to make a pitchfork in this game but a machete can be made right from the start, so I tend to ignore the science level when deciding how good something is.

Just now, DeputyDeath said:

It's a suit made of seashells and seaweed. I used (what I assumed was) common sense to determine that it would be crap.

I forgot that common sense does not apply in Don't Starve.

Anyway, you need a science machine to make a pitchfork in this game but a machete can be made right from the start, so I tend to ignore the science level when deciding how good something is.

A good suit is made out of wood. A wooden suit is required in order to make a suit that makes you immune to fire.

...Why do you still care about what an armor is made out of O_O

55 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

A good suit is made out of wood. A wooden suit is required in order to make a suit that makes you immune to fire.

...Why do you still care about what an armor is made out of O_O

Dude

Seashells and seaweed

Anyway, as I said, I've come to realise that common sense means nothing in the world of Don't Starve so I guess I won't make such assumptions in the future.

I mean, if seashells are THE poison resistant material, then so be it. Right?

Right...?

Just now, DeputyDeath said:

Dude

Seashells and seaweed

Anyway, as I said, I've come to realise that common sense means nothing in the world of Don't Starve so I guess I won't make such assumptions in the future.

I mean, if seashells are THE poison resistant material, then so be it. Right?

Right...?

Seashells make a boat that otherwise is identical to the cargo boat meterial wise, into an armoured war boat. 

Seashells are the true MVP.

Archived