Wetness Resistance blocks Waves now?

Since the Seas the Day update I've noticed that having 100% water resistance seems to prevent gaining wetness from crashing into Waves. The boat damage is still there of course. In fact, it is proportional, so if you hit a Big Wave that causes 25 wetness and you have an Umbrella (90% water resist), but will take on 3 (2.5) wetness.

I'm glad that this is the case, it just seems strange that they didn't mention it in the change log (unless I'm dumb and missed it).

PS. Water Beefalo also seem a lot more plentiful even on Default settings

1 hour ago, Daggaroth said:

Since the Seas the Day update I've noticed that having 100% water resistance seems to prevent gaining wetness from crashing into Waves. The boat damage is still there of course. In fact, it is proportional, so if you hit a Big Wave that causes 25 wetness and you have an Umbrella (90% water resist), but will take on 3 (2.5) wetness.

I'm glad that this is the case, it just seems strange that they didn't mention it in the change log (unless I'm dumb and missed it).

PS. Water Beefalo also seem a lot more plentiful even on Default settings

so it means that I can finally use a blubber suit to full extent,

Also it seem Water Beefalo remain in permanent Heat state but don't attack you, however they don't spare Packim at All!...

11 minutes ago, SepiaPaper said:

Also it seem Water Beefalo remain in permanent Heat state but don't attack you, however they don't spare Packim at All!...

They will attack you on land(I discovered this in the worst possible way).

11 minutes ago, SepiaPaper said:

That doesn't seem to be the case for me. In my current world the Water Beefalo periodically go in and out of heat just as normal Beefalo do, and they only attack me (and Packim) when they're in heat but ignore us otherwise. The only different in behaviour I've noticed is that Water Beefalo start the world in heat (I actually found them on Day 2 because of how common they seem to be now; in about 50% of Mangroves) whereas Beefalo don't to my knowledge.

At the very least the water resistance alleviates some of the problems caused by crashing into waves that you thought were 'safe', which seems to be a pretty common complaint. There are a number of times where I've attempted to sail over a nice series of waves, only to smash into them all unexpectedly (guess I should have rotated my camera to double check *rolls eyes*). At least now I won't suddenly shoot up to more than 40 Wetness and feel the need to park my boat somewhere and quickly dry off, because even an Umbrella alone is great.

Of course, the boat will still take damage, but since Logs, Grass and Stinger are simple to farm, I don't mind carrying around Boat Repair Kits.

13 hours ago, SepiaPaper said:

What do you mean permament heat state but dont attack you?

(also I actually never saw a water beefalo in heat)

Archived