Scrapped feature: Coffeebot?

I was lurking through some of the character speech files (specifically Maxwell's) and found a line for something called a "Coffeebot"

Maxwell's quote for it is: "It will do my coffee-related bidding."

And Wilson's: "It's a coffee maker"

To my knowledge there's no coffee maker in the game, and I also can't find any other files that reference it. Perhaps it was meant to be used to make coffee and they just decided it should be made with a Crockpot?

It never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to trawl through loads of code and files in order to find one tiny tid bit and then they lock onto it. 

I will however admit or deny nothing and since I am not a developer these words are nothing. 

Interesting find though. 

2 minutes ago, LadyD said:

It never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to trawl through loads of code and files in order to find one tiny tid bit and then they lock onto it. 

I will however admit or deny nothing and since I am not a developer these words are nothing. 

Interesting find though. 

Meh, I mostly was looking for some lore hints in Maxwell's quotes and stumbled upon it.

In general there seems to be hints to a lot of scrapped content in SW which is why I'm finding things like this more interesting. 

• Developer
5 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Well, I happen to find those on accident, due to me usually working with speech files on mods.

There was also a snake skin vest/armor, I think, that was also in the speech files but isn't in the game...

Well, I'm not sure if it IS a snake skin vest/armor, but it had something to do with snakes :p

4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Perhaps it was meant to be used to make coffee and they just decided it should be made with a Crockpot?

What if it was a new type of crockpot but made different type of coffee that would've been to have Wilson/Maxwell drinking a cappuccino. ;) 

3 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

What if it was a new type of crockpot but made different type of coffee that would've been to have Wilson/Maxwell drinking a cappuccino. ;) 

Only if served in a potato cup

Archived