Is there a way/console command to change your character in an existing game

@Mildcream as far as I know, there is no way of changing characters through the console. (Maybe there is and I'm just not aware of it) However I do know that there is a legitimate way to change characters in Don't Starve, which is via the Teleportato or The Wooden Thing.

"After traveling through a Teleportato, the player will gain Experience based on the number of days survived, and will be given the option to play as a different Character in the next world (except in Adventure Mode)." (Wiki Snippet)

You'd however also change worlds and the only things you can carry over to the new world are unplaced-prebuilt structures from the crafting tab and your whole item bar inventory along with the backpack of your choosing. Krampus Sack is the largest backpack in the game with 14 Inventory Slots so that would be the best choice. Chester's eyebone will turn to ash if you attempt to bring it to the new world.

I hope that helps, cheers.

8 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@Mildcream as far as I know, there is no way of changing characters through the console. (Maybe there is and I'm just not aware of it) However I do know that there is a legitimate way to change characters in Don't Starve, which is via the Teleportato or The Wooden Thing.

"After traveling through a Teleportato, the player will gain Experience based on the number of days survived, and will be given the option to play as a different Character in the next world (except in Adventure Mode)." (Wiki Snippet)

You'd however also change worlds and the only things you can carry over to the new world are unplaced-prebuilt structures from the crafting tab and your whole item bar inventory along with the backpack of your choosing. Krampus Sack is the largest backpack in the game with 14 Inventory Slots so that would be the best choice. Chester's eyebone will turn to ash if you attempt to bring it to the new world.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Oh yeah, forgot that you can world hop, but because my file is so new i'll probably pass on that option. Guess I'll just have to deal with Warly then.

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

You could try to do:

GetPlayer().prefab = "wilson"

and save/load to become Wilson. Not tested.

Holy butts! It actually worked. 

For Willow replace "wilson" with "willow"

For Wendy replace "wilson" with "wendy"

For Wolfgang replace "wilson" with "wolfgang" etc.

The only exceptions here being Maxwell and Wigfrid, for which you'd need to do "waxwell" or  "wathgrithr".

I think there actually is a legitimate way to change your character. As far as I remember when you finish adventure mode on one world and then do it in another you will find the character from the original world on the throne. So if you wanna change your character from Warly to Wilson without using the console you have to start a new world with Wilson, find Maxwell's door, finish adventure mode, go to the Warly world, find the door and finish adventure mode with him.

Archived