The best island I found is also where the kittens reside

I found possibly one of the best islands ever, it features a jungle, a beach, magma piles, and is relatively close to a herd of water beefalo. It also came with the wooden potato thing so bonus pre-used camp! Besides the monkeys it also came with a small shoal in the middle of the island where I could fish. Downside:

it's also where the shark kitten den is. 

Also as I was fishing the Tiger Shark herself kamikazed out of nowhere and massacred a few monkeys, but I got the tarnished crown out of the carnage. 

So I wonder if it's truly worth the risk of the Tiger Shark to continue residing on the island or if I should set up close by.  

As long as you have enough space, and be careful about not to go too close to the den without being ready to fight the Tiger shark, this sounds like a good opportunity to farm Tiger shark or her kittens, especially using other mobs. I don't think other mobs have a chance against the Tiger Shark, but kittens may become a reliable source of raw fish and shark gills, if you can get other mobs (wild bores/prime apes) to do the dirty work for you. With careful planning you may even have the Tiger Shark deal with the day 100+ hound attacks. And She may even offer protection against the Sealnado, could be interesting to watch those two fight each other. You may be able to even use her to harvest trees.

I'd go with the Sharkitten den island for a base, myself. (And possibly regret it afterwards). You may get the benefits by settling on a nearby island as well, but that doesn't work well for me when I try, mostly because I'm simply too lazy to go to other islands unless I absolutely have to.

NO WAY live on the island!  Are you kidding me, first day of monsoon season just walk over there and slaughter him, then murder kittens at will for the rest of the season.  Not to mention the Tiger Shark is a joke on land and is just fun to fight at sea so regardless you have a super easy fight with alright gear drops and fish you can farm.  Nice score of and island, I would never leave it.

4 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I found possibly one of the best islands ever, it features a jungle, a beach, magma piles, and is relatively close to a herd of water beefalo. It also came with the wooden potato thing so bonus pre-used camp! Besides the monkeys it also came with a small shoal in the middle of the island where I could fish. Downside:

Also as I was fishing the Tiger Shark herself kamikazed out of nowhere and massacred a few monkeys, but I got the tarnished crown out of the carnage. 

So I wonder if it's truly worth the risk of the Tiger Shark to continue residing on the island or if I should set up close by.  

Thats a good Island, the Tiger Shark isn't so bad, should be worth the reward in my opinion.

That is my Wilbur the Vegetarian island (I tested how he plays, when I never feed him meat)

56e6853d42959_wilbur1.thumb.png.dea137b4

30 berry bushes and 8 improved farms are enough to keep him fed without a problem.

10 berry bushes spawned natural on the island, also the wild bore house,

I brought the prime ape hut and 20 additional berry bushes to the island, as you can see only the swamp is missing.

(that beeing said, the swamp is not very useful if you can't eat fish or monster meat)

Unbenannt.thumb.png.fee017c5308eb1575bb1

You can see my base island in the lower right corner.

The island in the centrum with the one chest is a mushroom island, there are atleast 90 mushrooms (green, red and blue)

In the coral biom north you can see the Yaarctopus and on the island in the west is the skull set piece with some prime ape huts.

It is also a decent map and base island, but I havn't found the slot machine and the sharkkitten den yet.

21 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I haven't had problems with Tiger Shark respawning after killing her in Monsoon season until next. Not sure if I have just been lucky but i've noticed if I wait until her season and kill her she's gone until next. Now what's interesting is you've found such a large island with her den! Every time for me it's been a really tiny island

9 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Ouch.

How did you die to them? 

Oh you know, accidentally smacking one while trying to collect silk and then getting pelted with poop to the point where my sanity was low enough for the shadows to attack. And if course this all happens just before night and I had nothing to start a fire with soooo, Charlie...

14 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Oh you know, accidentally smacking one while trying to collect silk and then getting pelted with poop to the point where my sanity was low enough for the shadows to attack. And if course this all happens just before night and I had nothing to start a fire with soooo, Charlie...

Spacebar can save lives.

55 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

That's okay. I once died from shadow creatures because some prime apes, which had previously ignored me despite attacking them, threw loads of manure at me randomly.

And the worst part? I died right next to the slot machine. Mere SECONDS after winning my first walking cane...

30 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

That's okay. I once died from shadow creatures because some prime apes, which had previously ignored me despite attacking them, threw loads of manure at me randomly.

And the worst part? I died right next to the slot machine. Mere SECONDS after winning my first walking cane...

The slot machine arranged that probably. When you finally win...you lose. 

4 hours ago, voyager156 said:

You should really use both (mouse & keyboard).

Don't ask me why, since I don't understand it myself, but I find it harder and more uncomfortable to use both the mouse and keyboard when it comes to third-person perspective games. It's easier if the game is in first-person perspective. 

Archived