The Ultimate, Perfect, Summer Boss!

Okay working name is the Pit Viper! This beast resembles a normal snake but with a huge mouth that tunnels and pops out to attack. When eruptions start it dives underground to avoid damage and resurfaces shortly after they stop. When he dies he leaves the Pit Viper cavern. Basically a hole you can spelunk that has some rare loot and also gives you a place to hide from eruptions. You still overheat down there, just slower. sanity also constantly drains when in it to keep it from being abused. 

How it fights would be a surface attack marked by ground fissuring where it's popping up. Once above ground it attacks 3 times, which can be kited after 2-3 hits, before returning underground for a few seconds. It also can damage you when going back underground. So what do you think?

It's a good idea, but usually the bosses don't resemble anything in the game already. There is a Sealnado, which you don't see seals anywhere else. Meanwhile there is a tree guard from trees, so a snake boss would most likely make more sense to spawn from killing snakes, not a season boss. Sorry if this comes off mean, it's a good idea but something completely different I feel would do a little better.:wilson_love: Don't let what I say bring you down this is just my opinion.

I guess one of the aspects that makes most of the Giants special is that they are some kind of chimera (that is to say, a combination of creatures). For a snake-like boss, off the top of my head, how about something like the Snakipede? A combination of a snake and a centipede/millipede. It would compliment its ability to burrow and generally make it grosser and a bit more unique compared to the normal snake mobs.

What about a sit piper that just sits in the middle of your base and plays the bagpipes. It won't move even when provoked but will attack you.

And it could drop a Tam o' Shanter. Or the bagpipes themselves, which would cause all nearby creatures to take 10 damage/second whilst played.

On 3/12/2016 at 1:27 PM, SalsaX said:

It's a good idea, but usually the bosses don't resemble anything in the game already. There is a Sealnado, which you don't see seals anywhere else. Meanwhile there is a tree guard from trees, so a snake boss would most likely make more sense to spawn from killing snakes, not a season boss. Sorry if this comes off mean, it's a good idea but something completely different I feel would do a little better.:wilson_love: Don't let what I say bring you down this is just my opinion.

I'd usually agree but having to deal with eruptions and smoke it seems a little much. Because if his main thing is diving/resurfacing to avoid dragoon eggs you're already gonna have a good fight. Trying to see where he will pop up next and biding time until the smoke clears would be an intriguing boss fight IMO. plus the loot wouldn't be too op and would give you a great place to hide in volcano season. Who knows, its fun making up bosses :)

This isn't for any existing dlc but I thought of this boss

The ORK-CID it would have the body of a ork and 3 orchids as heads (because if you look at it right the orchid looks like a mouth) 

And it could bite at you and try to smash you with it's club and it could call bunchs of orks and maybe summon man-eating plants

Archived