It Came from the Swamp: The Kraken!

Would you like to see something similar to this implemented in the game?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see something similar to this implemented in the game?

"There is something in the swamp... I've seen its slime-covered extensions a hundred times before, but I shudder to imagine what foul creature within the wet muck they protrude from." ~Sumgai Ayemaidup

In the swamp there hides a beast like no other. It reaches up its scaly tentacles to drag its prey back below. But is it better to run, or fight back and risk seeing it like never before...

FACE-TO-FACE!

Presenting: The Kraken!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! Let me get started with telling you my Idea for a new mob to rise among the ranks of Queens and Leifs! Ever wondered what all those tentacles in the swamp come from? Really? No? Well doesn't matter, I'll tell you anyway! The beast of mythology known best for its many tentacles and large appetite, the Kraken! I think that if I where a giant swamp monster and some small monkey man kept cutting off my ever-regrowing appendages, I'd come on up and teach him a thing or two. An if he ever dared come back, rise back up, and show him my advanced class.

Okay, enough with all the salesman talk, have a list of things I think it should do:

• If you kill too many tentacles within a period of time or a small chance, the Kraken will rise up from the swamp.

• If you run too far from him he will go underground leaving bubbles on the surface as he moves and cannot be attacked.

• he can have up to 4 tentacles that follow him when he moves.

• Cannot leave the swamp but when the player leaves he goes into his aforementioned bubble form and begins to roam.

• Drops something special '3'

To give an example of what he may look like, have this rough sketch I made:

post-7067-13764590293295_thumb.jpg

(Note: I don't expect any comments like this but I already know my pen-work is not of good quality)

And a link to alternate mouth-with-teeth slapped on a face: http://i.imgur.com/S9K3x.jpg

Edited by Karma Hound

I was actually thinking of that while making this post, I always loved that boss.

But, what really made me think to post this, was the creature from the black lagoon, plus just the fact there where lots of tentacles.

Edited by Karma Hound
Added the reality

If I recall correctly I think Bethesda made a game for the PC based off that, don't know if its any good though.

Well I can't speak of the game you're referring to, however the Cthulhu Mythos had a place in one of their more popular games... Fallout 3. I remember when I stumbled across with while exploring the DC wasteland. A really dark plot handled well through the use of scattered recording devices.

Well I can't speak of the game you're referring to, however the Cthulhu Mythos had a place in one of their more popular games... Fallout 3. I remember when I stumbled across with while exploring the DC wasteland. A really dark plot handled well through the use of scattered recording devices.

I'm not sure if I have found that yet, you can play that game forever and still not find everything in it it seems like...

This would be really awesome in game (but i feel like the name doesn't really suit it, the kracken is a massive sea-monster that is big enough to destroy ships, I feel like you should research a better name for it :|)

That's why it will be a mini-boss. Kiting will be super effective against it just like it is with tentacles so not really that OP.

I'd like it to spawn tentacles to repopulate my swamp with tentacles, though they shouldn't be able to move around like the boss. The boss can fight on his own, have maybe a bigger tentacle that is part of him and pops up to smack at you and while you fight him more individual tentacles will be spawned around you so you'd have to move again.

Tentacles are really strong as it is without having them follow you.