[Dont Starve] Crazy Survival Challenges and Strategies

Hello Don't Starvers! I was trying to come up with crazy challenges and strategies. Examples are surviving with only berry bushes until day 100 (or forever), No fridges... EVER, 1 tree cut down per day, and other types of challenges. Also some weird survival stratigies that may be so crazy they might just work. Feel free to get creative and if anyone beats one let us know! :) 

Yeah this has been done to death already.  Some to note of late are the farm only challenge, that requires you to ONLY eat food grown on a farm and you cant use a crockpot and the Do Starve challenge which requires you to live as long as you can without eating.  Search the forums Im sure you can find them.  

BTW berrie bushes only is super easy and is already a normal living strat because the gobblers provide you with the meat to make meatballs all day every day.  In fact its the easiest and most efficient food survival strat.

I don't really have any challenges but it's fun to change the world around. For example, having everything on "Lots" :p also when I want to go looking for the adventure door, I have heaps of berries bushes and carrots and zero of everything else. Don't worry, I have infinite day as well so Charlie won't hurt me. I usually find Chester on these runs as well ^_^

Swamps. I like to live in swamps. Sounds crazy but the tentacles and merfolk keep me safe from hounds, spiders and other things. 

As for challenges I am a fan of-Eternal nomad. No permanent base ever, so no bee boxes, farms, fridge, crock pot or any of that. Just the occasional science machine that you use once and then move on. 

How about one of the following, Meat Only (AKA Wigfrid without her benifts), Vegtiables Only, Fruit Only, or.... Only eating food that takes away health! Examples: Monster Meat in any form and that bad fruit thing. Tell me if anyone completes this by living to either day 100 or being self sufficient.

Just now, DragonMage156 said:

Lights Out (no day at all) I usually have trouble trying to survive that, even in DST -_-

Hmm, that sounds interesting. Do you start with anything, like a torch? Sounds Challenging! I might try that one. I don't know why I haven't thought of that, its a pretty obvious one. :p Thx!

It's in the DS customize world screen. One selection is Lights Out. You start off with a fire and a chest but there is no day at all. Just like one stage of Adventure Mode, only in survival which makes it harder. If you play with RoG, you can get a full Moon which helps a lot.

Just now, DragonMage156 said:

It's in the DS customize world screen. One selection is Lights Out. You start off with a fire and a chest but there is no day at all. Just like one stage of Adventure Mode, only in survival which makes it harder. If you play with RoG, you can get a full Moon which helps a lot.

Wow! That's cool, don't have RoG but may buy it, I got 5$ and am debating between Shipwrecked and RoG (I can buy both but I already have 5$ in my steam account). However I will most likely try it even though I may get creeped out from the darkness and the creepy atmosphere of Don't starve. As some people say "When the game no longer scares you, you win". :p 

Archived