Sealnado glitch and/or overpowerment?

So I was playing as wilbur, just diggin some poison holes for glands. And so the sealnado shows up, and I start runnin as fast as I can, but he pulls me in really fast! And for like 5 seconds all I could see was the sealnado and not my player, and I was trying to move away and BOOM! Dead. Is this a bug? Or is this just a REALLY overpowered attack? The wiki says he does AOE attacks, not insta-kill attacks.

Well it isn't instant death if you have armor, but it'll steal a lot of your inventory.  The wiki also says Dragonfly's stomp does 75 damage, but when you consider it does three in a row that'll kill most unarmored characters instantly, too.

I'm told you need to put an obstacle between yourself and the seal to prevent getting sucked in.  Or fight it at sea.

He deals 250 damage with that attack, which will insta-kill basically any unarmoured character. 

You just need to put on a football helmet and you'll be fine. Or hide behind a rock, which is what I do.

It's a bit BS, yes, but he's the only giant that has the same 'oh $!%&' factor as the dragonfly because of it, which is probably what they were going for. 

Archived