Game hangs after selecting custom Character

I'm currently creating a custom character, but when I select them on the character select screen, it fades into the yellowy-white loading screen and just hangs there, there's no error message or anything so I have no idea what causes this.

This works fine

tumblr_inline_o1xtobjTRS1r0rboc_540.jpg

and this works fine

tumblr_o1xtz0I0o21r35r4po1_540.png

But hitting Go I just get stuck here

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? If need be I can post my files.

Edited by inkie

7 minutes ago, SenL said:

Check the log file found in your documents\Klei

Edit:

oh and Welcome to the forums!

Thanks.

And I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for to see what's wrong.

I'm entirely new to this so I don't have a comparrison.

log.txt

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

Hey there @inkie! Welcome to the forums!

Are you sure you named all your files correctly, in and outside the code?

I followed this tutorial, so I'm pretty sure.

I have loaded this up before perfectly fine when I was testing the head sprites, so I'm not sure what I've done differently this time

@inkie Simple mistake, you skipped one vital step in notes.txt provided in the images folder. You'll see what I mean~

You'll be the 4th Chara in the workshop. But thats fine. Chara a Cute!

Edited by rons0n
Additional notes

52 minutes ago, rons0n said:

@inkie Simple mistake, you skipped one vital step in notes.txt provided in the images folder. You'll see what I mean~

You'll be the 4th Chara in the workshop. But thats fine. Chara a Cute!

Oh I feel so stupid now, I did this with a few other files so I must've thought I had already done it, thank you!

Also there will be another after this, this chara is a specific chara, based on my friends rendition of chara called "UnderChara"

the one after will be my rendition.

Also I wanted to keep it in the style of don't starve, a lot of character mods on the workshop are good, but they kinda feel out of place.

Edited by inkie

The exact same thing that's happening in the OP.

I don't know if it's the exact same error or another error that's causing the same thing.

21 hours ago, inkie said:

Okay this time I'm getting another hang at the same place. No idea what I've done now

log.txt

This post has a log if that helps.

4 minutes ago, inkie said:

The exact same thing that's happening in the OP.

I don't know if it's the exact same error or another error that's causing the same thing.

This post has a log if that helps.

What I am assuming is that there might be something missing, either your modinfo might have some mistype or such, or, there are other issues, could you send me your mod files? minus the exported folder.

26 minutes ago, inkie said:

Here you are.

Oh boy I see what is wrong
A thing you should NOT do on prefabs and, basically, everything in your mod, is adding uppercase and lower case in the name and such. You added UnderChara when it should be underchara or UNDERCHARA depending on the areas, you will have to fix that.

1 minute ago, halfrose said:

Oh boy I see what is wrong
A thing you should NOT do on prefabs and, basically, everything in your mod, is adding uppercase and lower case in the name and such. You added UnderChara when it should be underchara or UNDERCHARA depending on the areas, you will have to fix that.

Alright thanks.

A question, can I use * in the dialogue lua thingy?

Just now, inkie said:

Alright thanks.

You can try but I wouldn't recommend, you can try something else, but if you try, make sure to have the speech without it as a copy in case it doesn't work.

Ah, thank you very much.

Now I don't know anything about lua, or much about anything about text n' stuff, but is it possible to put in dialogue for examining custom characters and objects, even if the person doesn't have them installed?

Say like I wanted my character to have specific lines for examining character mods named batman, is that possible?

• Developer
52 minutes ago, inkie said:

Alright thanks.

Yes, but only inside the item quotations.

26 minutes ago, inkie said:

Ah, thank you very much.

Now I don't know anything about lua, or much about anything about text n' stuff, but is it possible to put in dialogue for examining custom characters and objects, even if the person doesn't have them installed?

Say like I wanted my character to have specific lines for examining character mods named batman, is that possible?

Just add him to the other character tables in your file, as far as I know they'll cause you no complication to people who don't have the mod, and to the ones who DO have it and yours, they'll have your custom examinations as well.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yes, but only inside the item quotations.

Just add him to the other character tables in your file, as far as I know they'll cause you no complication to people who don't have the mod, and to the ones who DO have it and yours, they'll have your custom examinations as well.

I would just add it like this right?

CHARACTER NAME =
        {
            GENERIC = "* No, not Frisk.",
            ATTACKER = "* I see someone's been gaining a lot of LV.",
            MURDERER = "* Don't you think your EXP is too high?",
            REVIVER = "* How do you revive others without saying incantations?",
            GHOST = "* Rest in peace and quiet.",

right? or would it be the name the mod is called in modinfo?

10 hours ago, inkie said:

I would just add it like this right?

right? or would it be the name the mod is called in modinfo?

Though the sad thing is that the moment you go into the game, you will require an extra mod to do that, because if not when other people inspects you, they will say your username, not Frisk.