Cutlass supreme

It depends on your swordfish spawner luck.

You can get very easy high amounts, if you have a spawner (or more) near your base (or if you are a nomad and have nothing better to do than killing swordfish), but if you get 3 Palmtreeguards, while getting logs, palm leafs and coconuts (in my case there are spawning 3 every time)

you will have enough living logs for more than 10 dark swords (depends if you get a purple gem/blue gem/red gem for the shadow manipulator), because getting nightmarefuel shouldn't be an issue at all if you can kite and it will become even easier after you craft your first dark sword because of its sanity drain.

tl;dr

So... in my opinion the cutlass is great if you have swordfish spawners near your base

and the dark sword is great if you have living logs and got 1 purple gem.

14 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

It depends on your swordfish spawner luck.

So... in my opinion the cutlass is great if you have swordfish spawners near your base

and the dark sword is great if you have living logs and got 1 purple gem.

Excatly , no sword fish , no cutlass ... it's a good reward for and appropriate exploration ^^

1 hour ago, 4zakken said:

Excatly , no sword fish , no cutlass ... it's a good reward for and appropriate exploration ^^

Still, the ancient club you get from exploring the ruins has lower damage and the task to get it is way harder

6 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Still, the ancient club you get from exploring the ruins has lower damage and the task to get it is way harder

the club is not the only reward when you explore caves , so , i cant agree. You need to compare things we can be comapre , and not make short cut. no offence dude , i can understand this , the sword fish can be found days 1 , if you think its too much , delay your cutlass suprem prototype , its simple , efficient , and , in fact , not a major problem. By the way , it always cool to say : " god i am lucky in this game cool ! "

Exploring caves is intersting because it is a late game content , not only interesting for crafting a thulecite club.

Cheers.

Just now, 4zakken said:

the club is not the only reward when you explore caves , so , i cant agree. You need to compare things we can be comapred , and not make short cut. No offence dude , i can understand this , the sword fish can be found days 1 , if you think its too much , delay your cutlass suprem prototype , its simple , efficient , and , in fact , not a major problem. By the way , it always cool to say : " god i am lucky in this game cool ! "

Exploring caves is intersting because it is a late game content , not only interesting for crafting a thulecite club.

Cheers.

23 minutes ago, 4zakken said:

the club is not the only reward when you explore caves , so , i cant agree. You need to compare things we can be comapre , and not make short cut. no offence dude , i can understand this , the sword fish can be found days 1 , if you think its too much , delay your cutlass suprem prototype , its simple , efficient , and , in fact , not a major problem. By the way , it always cool to say : " god i am lucky in this game cool ! "

Cheers.

Exploring the sea has other rewards, if that's what you mean. You can hunt for a whale, find set pieces, find bottles with a map for the treasure. So neither the swordfish is the only reward for sea esploration.

also I am not really asking for a nerf. What I wanted to know is if there was some disadvantage in crafting that. So yes, them spawning away from your map sucks. But I'm curious about their spawn rate

8 minutes ago, SenhorLevi00 said:

If you have just 1 spawner in your world, you will get a cutlass in every 90 days. How much days a Cutlass supreme lasts? 20 days?

There can be only one spawn in the world?? Well then I've found the downside, case closed

3 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

But I'm curious about their spawn rate

unfortunatly , i cant answer :???:

4 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Exploring the sea has other rewards, if that's what you mean. You can hunt for a whale, find set pieces, find bottles with a map for the treasure. So neither the swordfish is the only reward for sea esploration.

You cant compare sea exploration with ROG cave exploration , caves are more difficult and are a late game content. By the way , whale don't drop regular great item , and you need to wait 6 / 9 days before explode them for getting the loot , there is nothing in deep sea. Once again , its not a major problem for find a sword fish early. Treasure are too random to be called "treasure" , its a loterie. No nerf needed as far as i am concerned.

You can find at least 1 spawn of swordfish in your wolrd, it is common to find 2 spawns next to each other (happened to me find 3 spawns together) and their spawn rate is 90 days, depending on your play style you can make it lasts time enough to get another cutlass (you will not use the cutlass to kill a doy doy, snakes, spyder or a jellyfish.)

5 minutes ago, SenhorLevi00 said:

You can found at least 1 spawn of swordfish in your wolrd, it is common to find 2 spawns next to each other (happened to me find 3 spawns together) and their spawn rate is 90 days, depending on your play style you can make it lasts time enough to get another cutlass (you will not use the cutlass to kill a doy doy, snakes, spyder or a jellyfish.)

I don't think so, Their spawn rate in two of the latest games I played was almost as 3 to 6 days long (found only 1 of them near my base both times), Apparently I was running out of gold for making too many of them.

I used upto 4 swords and on my 5th on day 58.

43 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

You can get one, go away and come back the next game day and get another. Usually there are multiple spawns in a world. They're hard to find, but once you do, it's your gold supply that's most likely to limit you cutlass use.

especialy when you play wigfried XD

I think it's overpowered. I'm fine with that, though. What I would like to see is moving it to Shadow Manipulator tech and requiring Living Logs, as there's really no reason to make a Shadow Manipulator and nothing good to use Living Logs on now, and it would make it less easy to acquire early on.

The wiki's information is correct on swordfish. World generation doesn't specify a specific number of them, but it's usually around 6 for me; the spawners only generate in deep water.

10 minutes ago, rezecib said:

What I would like to see is moving it to Shadow Manipulator tech

hum , i prefer the piratehattator instead shadow manipulator

11 minutes ago, rezecib said:

and requiring Living Logs,

i agree if it is made with piratator instead shadow manipulator

@rezecib: well , maybe its just a point of view but , chill amulets ( take back pack slot , duration is not so long -> melon hat is better and required .... a melon + alch  ; meat effigy , ok but it's really painfull to make one i don't concider it as an good thing etc etc ) , Yes , i am totally agreed with the fact there is nothing to do with shadow manipulator , but shadow manipulator is a tier 2 for magic items , and i don't think cutlass suprem is magic. For the overpower fact , well , maybe cutlass supreme need an another ingrediant to be made, but honestly , now, i have no idea. For the shadow manipulator , i would like an boat feature instead a weapon one , what do you think about that ? like an magic pirate flag or an ghost rudder or something like that ^^

4 minutes ago, 4zakken said:

@rezecib: well , maybe its just a point of view but , chill amulets ( take back pack slot , duration is not so long -> melon hat is better and required .... a melon + alch  ; meat effigy , ok but it's really painfull to make one i don't concider it as an good thing etc etc ) , Yes , i am totally agreed with the fact there is nothing to do with shadow manipulator , but shadow manipulator is a tier 2 for magic items , and i don't think cutlass suprem is magic. For the overpower fact , well , maybe cutlass supreme need an another ingrediant to be made, but honestly , now, i have no idea. For the shadow manipulator , i would like an boat feature instead a weapon one , what do you think about that ? like an magic pirate flag or an ghost rudder or something like that ^^

haaa damn not a rudder but this :

barre.jpg.e9806b9745571be900c00c832e27d6

in a ghost or magical version or something XD

@4zakken I still think that the cutlass belongs there. But I agree that boat magic would be cool, there could be a nightmare sail, "black flag" -- drains sanity while you use it, but is fast. Crafted with nightmare fuel, living logs, and cloth / papyrus. Also... a living boat, made from living logs? Groans when it gets hit, magically keeps you dry when you hit waves?

Just now, rezecib said:

@4zakken I still think that the cutlass belongs there. But I agree that boat magic would be cool, there could be a nightmare sail, "black flag" -- drains sanity while you use it, but is fast. Crafted with nightmare fuel, living logs, and cloth / papyrus. Also... a living boat, made from living logs? Groans when it gets hit, magically keeps you dry when you hit waves?

yhea that's why i want in SW ! something wich drain sanity for speed or ignore wave damage for your boat ! i damn like the living boat idea !

Archived