Introduce water pump? Sandbags are useless

Bearry

Okay, I sound abit too absolute. Sandbags are designed to keep out water and puddles from spreading during the monsoon season, I know.

So I decided to hastily setup my 'defence' against incoming puddles before the monsoon season arrives.

And when the monsoon rain hits, the sandbags indeed shielded my base from expanding puddles which were located outside my base.

Unfortunately, a puddle formed inside my base as well, which hindered my ability to cook anything :(

Shouldn't there be a water pump in game as well? Most low-lying cities prone to flooding besides having leeves to keep water from coming in, also have water pumps to pump water out. 

And why not make the sandbags height lower in such a way that the character can walk across the sandbag instead? There is no need for such tall and cumbersome sandbags that restrict movement unless there are dangerous massive floods in don't starve.

@Bearry, this sounds like a reasonable idea. A water pump seems about as high-tech as an alchemy engine and an ice flingomaniac. It would be the holy grail of monsoon season :p

As for the sandbag height... There's huge waves out there, but I don't know if they get all the way to shore.

@Bearry, this sounds like a reasonable idea. A water pump seems about as high-tech as an alchemy engine and an ice flingomaniac. It would be the holy grail of monsoon season :razz:

As for the sandbag height... There's huge waves out there, but I don't know if they get all the way to shore.

Water pump seems kinda complex to implement. + it has to work with sandbags to keep water out. 

A things I noticed about the spring, is that the puddles form in first 1/3 of the season. Puddles will also never spawn on your screen. Thus you can actually surround yourself with sand bags and stay inside your base at the beginning of the spring and it should work you know.

As for adding the water pump, This could be the way to get some special water and we could start making some drinking elixirs in the game? o.0

A things I noticed about the spring, is that the puddles form in first 1/3 of the season. Puddles will also never spawn on your screen. Thus you can actually surround yourself with sand bags and stay inside your base at the beginning of the spring and it should work you know.

Nah, sitting in the base is boring waste of time. There's just too much to explore and resources to collect in Shipwrecked DLC, but you have a point.

Archived