Waves Feedback.

Currently they seem really finicky to ride, even though I line up going the same way as the wave I end up trashed, the more I experiment the more I feel the waves react to you approaching from 4 directions and not a smother 8 as approaching from a diagonal seems to be ignored.

Anyone else feel like they are having issues with the waves?

Currently they seem really finicky to ride, even though I line up going the same way as the wave I end up trashed, the more I experiment the more I feel the waves react to you approaching from 4 directions and not a smother 8 as approaching from a diagonal seems to be ignored.

Anyone else feel like they are having issues with the waves?

Yeah, I don´t even bother to surf them any more. Too unreliable. 

They always travel in a combination of two cardinal directions i.e northeast, north-northeast, southwest, etc.

As long as you come at them in one of the two directions they are travelling you will always get the boost. So for example if they are travelling mostly south but very slightly east, you can hit them from the north or the west. Sometimes it's so close to the cardnial axis that it's difficult to tell which other side will work, but once you figure it out it's not that finnicky.

I have no problems with the way they work I do however take slight issue with their frequency, there appears to be about 3 "depths" of ocean, and naturally more open waters would be a touch rougher but I feel like even in the deep seas the frequency of waves is rather too high especially if they're going opposite you and you just started the game, weather I feel should play a MUCH stronger effect on how waves work, with only the deepest waters having waves during calm periods but ultimately allowing waves to spawn in the shallow water during thunderstorms even letting them crash up on land as a potential additional weather threat.

Archived