So, I settled my base in an awesome island with beefalos, tallbirds, graveyards and spiders. Spiders. They seem to get stronger and stronger every single time I pay a visit to them. Currently there are 6 dens, 3 tier 3 and 3 tier 2. I wanted to get rid of those once and for all but without losing the resources and such. I do not dispose of fire darts/pigs (there are 2 pig houses near them and they kill the pigs as Soon as thry spawn). Thank you! ( this game is awesome)

Well, there are a few ways to deal with spiders, first of all, if you have Wolfgang available I highly suggest switching to him, get yourself some log armour + spear/tentacle spike.

If the spiders are close together it can be extremely tricky, but best bet is to head to the spiders for dusk, they will come out of their nest and roam, making them easy to pick off, setting up a campfire beside the nests to help you weaken their numbers, thin them out then pick the nests off 1 at a time.

NEVER spam attack on a nest, hit it once, run, let the spiders that spawn chase you, pick them off (Jumpers first) 1v4 isnt to tricky especially if you take care of the jumpers early!

Then work your way through the nests, its going to take a few days work, if you have honey I suggest you bring some along with additional supplies, monster meat to help you escape if you get overwhelmed etc...

If you dont deal with them all Soon you could end up with 6 spider queens, easy to fight 1v1 but if the nests are close together, could be tricky times...

Every time you smack the spiders nest it will spawn a set of 3-4~ guards, so if your equipped with a manly spear and log suit then you should be perfectly safe by running up and smacking a nest once, butchering the guards and repeating the whole thing untill all the spiders in the nest are dead.

Otherwise, fire.

Plant a pinecone or two next to the nest then make an out of control camp fire as close to them as possible, you'll torch the nest but you won't get any drops out of it.

Edited by CheeseThief