November 20th Update

I've got the 2 servers up but when I try to load the game (selecting play game option in steam library > tools) i get this:

one of your settings files has same ports, you ahve to make sure both have separate ports also different steam ports for each one, I believe 

I changed the ports and it runs smoothly now but I can't find the servers. am I supposed to be running it through selecting 'play game' in the tools menu? I've tried a few different things but can't find it in the app or in DST cavesbeta from steam or any of that.

• Developer

Dunno if it's a bug, but my sister and I were getting Bearger to maul down trees for us and we noticed that the trees he ran over left behind only 1 log instead of the usual 3 for fully grown trees.  Additionally, the trees left no stump behind after he ran over them (not ground pounding).  Evergreens dropped no pine cones either.  I regularly chopped an evergreen tree myself, and it dropped the usual 3 logs and 2 pine cones, so it had something to do with Bearger.

I know the bearger messes with the loot of the things it's destroying, because it obviously isn't chopping trees down in the usual way. I believe it's normal for the things he runs in to to drop less loot, but I'll check the code and see if anything is awry.

Hi Guys, I tried my server again but still problems.

Whenever i enter a sink, i get kicked from the server.

Under my desktop with windows it works fine, but in linux does the problem remain.

I have the same config for both computers. (of course with different paths)

This is strange, thanks for posting. We'll look into it.

REQUEST:

1) When we run steamcmd to update the servers, if there are updates it installs them. If there are no updates, it overwrites our dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua and modsettings.lua. PLEASE STOP OVERWRITING THESE FILES! The first time this happened, I lost hours of setup. I have since learned to keep a backup of them because of this.

2) If steam pushes an update to the client and we are not aware of it, our servers must be updated or they will not appear on the server list. I have spent bloody hours trying to figure out how my servers magically dropped off of the list, only to find out an update was pushed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show outdated servers on the list as oudated, instead of just not showing them at all. Once this happened when I was making a server config change, and after the change it did not appear on the list. Think my change broke something, I restored it and the server still did not show on the list. I wasted a lot of time going insane trying to figure out what I did, only to find an update was pushed to the client. The fix is to run steamcmd and update the servers, but not everyone knows this. Especialy when we just did it 20 minutes ago.

1) Thanks for bringing this up. I agree it's strange, we'll look at doing this differently.

2) It works the way it does because many servers (about 1/2 of all servers online) are out of date, even by dozens of versions, and so aren't joinable. However your problem makes sense, I'll see if there's something we can do to help the situation!

I'm having some rather strange problems in the game. I thought it was a problem with how I set up my dedicated server, but on non-dedicated servers, the problems persist.

Firstly, whenever I view the world settings for other servers, whether dedicated or not, while the game no longer crashes, it shows that every setting is set to default, even while the worlds are properly generated with the user's settings.

The other problem is that, when I set spiders to "more", cave spiders begin to spawn aboveground. 

1) We're in the process of changing the way the world data is stored, I guess it's not all good yet. Thanks for reporting. :)

2) Ack! Unintended consequence of letting you control the cave spiders from the world config.. Thanks for pointing this out!

beta branch still has problem to update this one.

Sorry, we weren't able to get the update out on the cavesbeta branch before the weekend. I modified the top post to clarify which version it should be on.

did you opt in Beta Branch in steam>game library>DST>properties>Betas?

• Developer

157286 and 157136(cave beta)

The game is very difficult to connect to the Klei server, to enter the host is very slow,Return back to the caves, easily dropped,

My server has not changed ini configuration.

:-)

Could you post the log.txt from both the server and a player after having the connection problems? Thanks!

Phone was cutting in and out and that was the result.. Can we get that deleted? Anyway, I've updated everything, still can't find my server

Does your server show up on this list: http://dstservers.jacklul.com/ ? In either case, could you possibly post the log file for your master server? (documents/klei/DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld/log.txt if you are using the preconfigured servers)

------------------------------------

A new build has been posted, please continue the conversation in the new thread:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59361-november-23rd-update/

Archived