November 20th Update

• Developer

It's another update!

Build: 157253 157286

Beta build (not updated): 157136

Changes

• Mushtrees will now burn down and drop loot instead of disappearing when loaded from a burning state

• Can now control worldgenoverrides for caves creatures and objects. (Full details here.)

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash when digging up “Totally Normal Tree” stumps

• Fixed a bug in saving Tumbleweeds

Hotfix:

• Fixed crash when viewing world for other servers.

• Developer

Ok so it seems that it updated, but server version.txt says 157136, and jacklul's website does same for Beta Branch server. Is this related to outdated server mods?

Caves beta branch was not patched today, so it is still on version 157136.

Alright so I have no idea if this is intentional, but I was playing around with staffs and godmode when I noticed something odd. Whenever I use an item that drains sanity (for example, lazy explorer) godmode automatically turns off and I have to manually turn it back on. Is this supposed to happen? Other people have told me that they don't experience this :/

Caves beta branch was not patched today, so it is still on version 157136.

Alright.

is the Totally Normal Tree stump digging in Beta Branch still an issue then, or was it fixed though main branch? Just making sure, since that bug was found on Beta Branch yesterday on my server.

Alright so I have no idea if this is intentional, but I was playing around with staffs and godmode when I noticed something odd. Whenever I use an item that drains sanity (for example, lazy explorer) godmode automatically turns off and I have to manually turn it back on. Is this supposed to happen? Other people have told me that they don't experience this :/

some of the things bugging godmode and making u vulnerable again. I do not remember but a lot of console commands are kinda bugged.

• Developer

Alright.

is the Totally Normal Tree stump digging in Beta Branch still an issue then, or was it fixed though main branch? Just making sure, since that bug was found on Beta Branch yesterday on my server.

Beta branch has not been updated with the Totally Normal Tree stump fix yet.

Dunno if it's a bug, but my sister and I were getting Bearger to maul down trees for us and we noticed that the trees he ran over left behind only 1 log instead of the usual 3 for fully grown trees.  Additionally, the trees left no stump behind after he ran over them (not ground pounding).  Evergreens dropped no pine cones either.  I regularly chopped an evergreen tree myself, and it dropped the usual 3 logs and 2 pine cones, so it had something to do with Bearger.

Is the steam cavesbeta linux depot version.txt up to date?

I get v157136 when I synchronize +validate with steamcmd, and it's still listed as out of date by http://dstservers.jacklul.com (last verison is supposed to be v157286).

Steps to reproduce, downloading to /home/steam/temp/DST_Update_Check/branch_cavesbeta_TEST:

./steamcmd.sh +@ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1 +@NoPromptForPassword 1 +login anonymous +force_install_dir "/home/steam/temp/DST_Update_Check/branch_cavesbeta_TEST" +app_update 343050 -beta cavesbeta validate +quit

Hi Guys, I tried my server again but still problems.

Whenever i enter a sink, i get kicked from the server.

Under my desktop with windows it works fine, but in linux does the problem remain.

I have the same config for both computers. (of course with different paths)

The server log says:

Validating ID 1: world: 3896478779 (auto) available: true recieves: 1 status: active	Activating portal 1 to 3896478779	Serializing user minimap to session/0000000001433A5E/KU_xBfcJize_/minimapSerializing user session to session/0000000001433A5E/KU_xBfcJize_/0000000003[SHARD] Requesting migration of player KU_xBfcJize from [SHDMASTER] to caves(3896478779)[SHARD] Beginning migration of player KU_xBfcJize from [SHDMASTER](1) to caves(3896478779) (1).[SHARD] Migration failed: Missing player data from: session/0000000001433A5E/KU_xBfcJize_[SHARD] Migration by user ('KU_xBfcJize') failed (167). [SHARD] Cancelling pending migration of player 'KU_xBfcJize' from '[SHDMASTER](1)' to 'caves(3896478779)' (1).ReceiveResumeRequestReceived request to resume from: session/0000000001433A5E/KU_xBfcJize_

"godmode" is such a misnomer in my opinion. You're talking about invincibility. Invincibility is used by the game in things such as telepoofing, jumping wormholes, resurrecting, etc.

REQUEST:

1) When we run steamcmd to update the servers, if there are updates it installs them. If there are no updates, it overwrites our dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua and modsettings.lua. PLEASE STOP OVERWRITING THESE FILES! The first time this happened, I lost hours of setup. I have since learned to keep a backup of them because of this.

2) If steam pushes an update to the client and we are not aware of it, our servers must be updated or they will not appear on the server list. I have spent bloody hours trying to figure out how my servers magically dropped off of the list, only to find out an update was pushed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show outdated servers on the list as oudated, instead of just not showing them at all. Once this happened when I was making a server config change, and after the change it did not appear on the list. Think my change broke something, I restored it and the server still did not show on the list. I wasted a lot of time going insane trying to figure out what I did, only to find an update was pushed to the client. The fix is to run steamcmd and update the servers, but not everyone knows this. Especialy when we just did it 20 minutes ago.

I haven't checked if I'm having issues with updating but I just got off my server, with players joining and dropping and coming back over time, and one of my better players (Karen) tested the digging a totally normal stump and it still crashed the server.

We restarted back at the start of the day, so it wasn't a hard crash.

I don't have time to go log-digging at the moment, but with people coming and going I'd guess I'm current.

REQUEST:

1) When we run steamcmd to update the servers, if there are updates it installs them. If there are no updates, it overwrites our dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua and modsettings.lua. PLEASE STOP OVERWRITING THESE FILES! The first time this happened, I lost hours of setup. I have since learned to keep a backup of them because of this.

easy fix - remove "validate" command from your update script.

I haven't checked if I'm having issues with updating but I just got off my server, with players joining and dropping and coming back over time, and one of my better players (Karen) tested the digging a totally normal stump and it still crashed the server.

We restarted back at the start of the day, so it wasn't a hard crash.

I don't have time to go log-digging at the moment, but with people coming and going I'd guess I'm current.

they fixed the bug on Main Branch, Beta Branch was not fixed, I have tested same on my server couple days ago, see last V2C post.

-art

Can you elaborate a little about this bugfix? Does this mean that tumbleweeds will spawn regularly on day 1000 as they do on day 1? 'Cause it has been noticed on multiple occasions that once server goes over say 70+ days, 90% of tumbleweeds do not spawn. c_reset() does not fix this.

So steam currently wont update and my log file is giving these output down below. Does it mean tumbleweeds dont spawn and this update will fix the problem?

Missing reference:      103884 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      269626Missing reference:      103885 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      108593Missing reference:      103885 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      108594Missing reference:      103889 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      108585Missing reference:      103902 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      108308Missing reference:      103885 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      169250Missing reference:      103877 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      108544Missing reference:      103890 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      252007Missing reference:      103881 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      108613Missing reference:      103880 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      108615Missing reference:      103885 - tumbleweedspawner      ->      250212

I'm having some rather strange problems in the game. I thought it was a problem with how I set up my dedicated server, but on non-dedicated servers, the problems persist.

Firstly, whenever I view the world settings for other servers, whether dedicated or not, while the game no longer crashes, it shows that every setting is set to default, even while the worlds are properly generated with the user's settings.

The other problem is that, when I set spiders to "more", cave spiders begin to spawn aboveground. 

• Developer

Can you elaborate a little about this bugfix? Does this mean that tumbleweeds will spawn regularly on day 1000 as they do on day 1? 'Cause it has been noticed on multiple occasions that once server goes over say 70+ days, 90% of tumbleweeds do not spawn. c_reset() does not fix this.

So in the past you may have noticed a lot of "Can't find..." in your logs just before every world save. We've replaced those with "Missing reference...", and now it actually tells us what entity saving caused it, allowing us to address those bugs. Tumbleweedspawner had a bug where it did not know that a Tumbleweed got picked up by a player, and that would block it from spawning a new Tumbleweed.

"godmode" is such a misnomer in my opinion. You're talking about invincibility. Invincibility is used by the game in things such as telepoofing, jumping wormholes, resurrecting, etc.

im just quoting the command I used, which was c_godmode(). I don't really see the need for two different names.

The other problem is that, when I set spiders to "more", cave spiders begin to spawn aboveground. 

I am also experiencing this problem with the cave spiders. It also seems that there isn't an option to change their frequency / remove them yet during the world generating screen.

Hope you can help fix this issue soon. Thanks!

Archived