Is there a master list somewhere of props that provide cover?

I'm having a hard time thinking of any props that -don't- provide cover.

I think the executive's desk fails to do so in the executive suite.  And the koi pond in the room with the executive terminals, I believe, also fails to conceal your agents.  Otherwise, yeah, generally, if it's there, it'll provide cover.

• Developer

The fish pond and executive desk should act as cover. And in the current dev build they do. So if they aren't in the live game, when the update come out, that will be fixed. But I have a feeling that was done in an earlier update and should be good.

The fish pond and executive desk should act as cover. And in the current dev build they do. So if they aren't in the live game, when the update come out, that will be fixed. But I have a feeling that was done in an earlier update and should be good.

Entirely possible.  I don't have Invisible on my work computer, unfortunately, and couldn't check to be sure.  :)

Glad to hear that the update is still receiving active attention.  I've been waiting for it and the DLC with bated breath.

Actually, I just completed an executive suite mission, and the executive desk didn't show that it would provide any cover at all in the Alt view.  (I'm not talking about the desk in the middle of the room -- I mean the one off to one side that would offer someone sitting behind it a view of the entire place.)  Would a screenshot be helpful?  If so, I'll try to run another mission to show you what I mean.

• Developer

Sure, if you have a screen shot of it, that would be cool.

I checked the big 3 tile sized desk (and the fish pond) on the development branch and it was good in all views. So if there is a problem with those on Steam, then it seems fixed for the next update.

But a screenshot will confirm we are talking about the same thing :)

Checked my stream from Sunday and the Koi pond is currently broken.

Good to know it's already been fixed but it's a testament to how smooth the gameplay is that I didn't even notice... (that and no guards came in the room while I was robbing the site list).

Sure, if you have a screen shot of it, that would be cool.

I haven't had much time to play this week (family illness), but the one mission I ran had a desk in the executive suite facing the wrong direction (and it showed up as cover, as did the koi pond).  I'm really starting to doubt my memory.  If you're confident that it's fixed in the coming update, though, I don't see any need to worry.

I really, really appreciate your attentiveness, though.  Thanks.

Archived