Gift/Box Recieving Problems?

This can't be just me. My friends and I have been playing for a long time, trying to get the boxes while "mandatorily" having some fun on the side. We're both stuck on our second drop and I have about 48 hours of gametime since my last drop. I have a feeling this is also a problem for others, and if so, please notify if you know why?

@SSketchii, can you post the log file from you and your friends that are stuck on your second drop?

...Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\log.txt

Thanks!

same problem is this the cause

[00:00:14]: [cGiftingManager::Update] Not in gifting state!
[00:00:14]: [cGiftingManager::Update] IsConnected false
[00:00:14]: [cGiftingManager::Update] IsNetworkGame false
[00:00:14]: [cGiftingManager::Update] IsOnlineMode false

@PeterA

Peter, a quick couple of questions. How long does one need to be on DS:T to get an effective log of data that you need?  Also is it just the log file from the dedicated server, client, or both that you need?  Does it matter if the server is modded?  The reason why I ask is I can try to get the logs from my side and the GSN dedicated server if it would help.  Since I am still stuck on 3 drops even after about 5 day's worth of play.

@Sindex, I'd only need the client log after about 15 minutes of gameplay. Server mods shouldn't affect the gifting, unless the mod is doing something really really strange.

Yeah, it looks like it was fixed with this last patch.  I got a drop within the first 15-20 minutes.  Nevertheless here is the log file from my last hour of play. log.txt

I'm having a similar problem. I've played at least 3 sessions over 3 hours long and haven't gotten a single drop. The last one i got was my second one, then nothing after I logged out of that game.

also, off topic, but since I'm uploading my log I figured I'd throw it in here; for over a week when I set a filter to find rooms with friends it won't bring up any rooms even though I'm in contact with those friends and know they've been playing in said room for awhile. I figured it was just taking some time to load, but it was still doing it over 5 minutes later. I ended up just finding the room manually

log.txt

@PeterA Here's a little snippet of my log.

CURL ERROR: Failed connect to analytics-staging.kleientertainment.com:443; Connection refused

CURL ERROR: Failed connect to analytics-staging.kleientertainment.com:443; Connection refused

[ SendItemDropHeartBeat ]

[sendItemDropHeartbeat_Complete Success:200]

Making a lumpy_sapling from evergreen_sparse for 12

Making a lumpy_sapling from evergreen_sparse for 16

• Developer

@thegreatmanagement, you log looks okay. We have had a few bugs on our servers that have been rectified now, so you should be receiving drops as we expect.

@bgremlind,  your log looks fine too.

@Arcita, looks like you're sending hearbeats correctly. Thanks for posting your log, it helped us track down a bug with our analytics on the cavesbeta branch.

@thegreatmanagement, you log looks okay. We have had a few bugs on our servers that have been rectified now, so you should be receiving drops as we expect.

@bgremlind,  your log looks fine too.

@Arcita, looks like you're sending hearbeats correctly. Thanks for posting your log, it helped us track down a bug with our analytics on the cavesbeta branch.

I moved my old log file to get a fresh one going and booted up the game again. I was still getting the same error messages. I waited around 5 minutes on the old world. I then made a new world, and within 30 seconds I got a gift (hooray!) on that world even though I was still receiving the connection errors at that time. I sent you a message with the full log. Hopefully it is helpful. 

Archived