Do tree stumps ever disappear?

I'm nearly certain there is no pig king on my map. I will need all the flint in the world, if I live long enough. Eventually, I will be killing spiders with my bare hands or a torch to get silk and monster meat. No digging up stumps for me, if I can avoid it. I don't cut the trees down (I have a demonstration axe, not a working axe. It's around 50% right now and it's probably produced several hundred logs, thanks to my eager porcine lumberjack apprentices.) I don't dig up the stumps. They do seem to keep shrinking, so I'm hoping they will fade entirely, in time. If not, then I guess I'll have to dig them up... Maybe in the future, it will be possible to farm that task out. Maybe some day you'll be able to convince the treeguard to pull up stumps, so you can plant new pinecones.

I'm annoyed that Pigs aren't as responsive to woodcutting as they are to digging. I can get them to attack without actually attacking, myself, but I need that one chop to get them started (and restarted each time they spot something shiny and get distracted.)

I don't think it really is a big deal unless you're planning on a 1000 day run or something, honestly. Pig King does NOT appear in test worlds which is kind of suckish.

I saw a comment on one thread that someone claimed there were two pig kings in his test world. I think the Pig King can spawn, but the way it happens seem to make him a rarity.

I saw a comment on one thread that someone claimed there were two pig kings in his test world. I think the Pig King can spawn, but the way it happens seem to make him a rarity.

This is true, one world I had did indeed have two pig kings and villages.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys! I didn't even think of using a shovel on the stumps *facepalm*