Broken Slave Server

Both launched through batches.... and the firewall is not blocking the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe...

Edit, When the master server is launched from Steam. It doesn't have a problem authenticating but when it's launched through a batch, then it breaks.

Ok, so i've just replicated your setup on Windows and I have the same 'problem'.

I didn't see that because I'm on Linux.

But, even if on both servers I have this error:

[Warning] SteamGameServer_Init Failed

the servers does work as intended. I can loggin and enter/leave the caves as I want! :indecisiveness:

Oops...My bad. :|

So it's a problem of port forwarding.

For some reason the clients packets can't reach your cave server on port 10990 (slave port).

Make sure it is allowed in your firewall and fowarded by your router.

Edit: In fact I dunno, since I noticed you need the Steam authentification to switch from one server to an other...

Can't help you more on that sorry... :(

Hi, in master and slave server configuration (settings.ini) you must set different server port.

Here are my master and slave configuration files, it's work for my :-)

master config:

[sTEAM]

DISABLECLOUD = true

[MISC]

CONSOLE_ENABLED = true

autocompiler_enabled = true

[shard]

shard_enable = true

is_master = true

master_port = 11200

cluster_key = secretkeysaresecret

[network]

default_server_name = test

default_server_description = "A very nice server description"

server_port = 10998

server_password = QETUOpiyrwA132

max_players = 4

pvp = false

game_mode = endless

enable_snapshots = false

enable_autosaver = true

tick_rate = 30

connection_timeout = 8000

server_save_slot = 1

enable_vote_kick = true

pause_when_empty = true

dedicated_lan_server = false

slave_config:

[sTEAM]

DISABLECLOUD = true

[MISC]

CONSOLE_ENABLED = true

autocompiler_enabled = true

[shard]

shard_enable = true

is_master = false

master_ip = 127.0.0.1

master_port = 11200

shard_name = caves

cluster_key = secretkeysaresecret

shard_id = 25350651

[network]

default_server_name = test

default_server_description = "A very nice server description"

server_port = 11001

steam_authentication_port = 12348

steam_master_server_port = 12349

server_password = SoXwfZBvhNIeC7

max_players = 4

pvp = false

game_mode = endless

enable_snapshots = false

enable_autosaver = true

tick_rate = 30

connection_timeout = 8000

server_save_slot = 1

enable_vote_kick = true

pause_when_empty = true

dedicated_lan_server = false

If you delete 'shard_id' you must regenerate world (c_regenerateworld()) to apply "cave" work properly.

p.s sorry for my english.

• Developer

It looks like the master_port setting is different; this setting must be identical for both master and slave (it's the port by which the slave and master talk to each other, so they have to have the same number.)

Try setting master_port = 20050 for both settings files.

Also if this doesn't work, please be aware we're working hard to make this process more painless, so if you can't get it running now we will be improving this in the near future!

It looks like the master_port setting is different; this setting must be identical for both master and slave (it's the port by which the slave and master talk to each other, so they have to have the same number.)

Try setting master_port = 20050 for both settings files.

Also if this doesn't work, please be aware we're working hard to make this process more painless, so if you can't get it running now we will be improving this in the near future!

The port was already identical before at 11200 and wasn't even working before at 20050. I've been working for so long on it that I've almost essentially given up because @rtd has been helping me work on this the whole time and mine and his used to be identical.I'd been messing with the settings already and may have forgotten to change them back and even when they are normal the server still breaks! rtd now tells me it has to do with either the router or firewall and I think it's the firewall because both the servers are port forwarded and my slave server doesn't authenticate with steam correctly. So whenever someone enter the caves server it KICKS them and does not let them join back. I want someone to tell me either how to open ports in my firewall for the slave server or wait till either punch through connection is introduced for dedicated servers or the overworld and the caves are just one big double layer server. From what I can say besides the current mishap with master server port, there's nothing wrong. Just that my slave server does not connect to steam so it doesn't connect to other players.

Archived