Tutorials wishlist

chromiumboy

Hey everyone,

I've seen a quite a few great tutorials on various topics from both Klei and forum members. I thought it might be an idea to have a place that forum members could write about a topic they would like to see covered in a future in depth tutorial, and that they think would help grow our collective mod making knowledge. 

For example, would you like to learn how to implement custom cook pot recipes and ingredients, and to get the prepared food to pop out of the cook pot? Interested in learning more about implementing custom music or sounds? How you can tweak component functions without having to overwrite entire files? Then post below :-)

Hopefully this leads to some interesting learning experiences!

Very good idea!

I need a Video-Tutorial that show me how to make a new animation in Spriter respectively what I have to do with the Spriter file etc.

I think we have good tutorials but less video tutorials, for me it isn't easy, I can't good understand english, with a video I can better lern.

Do you know of dontstarveapi.com? It's a site hostet and maintained by a few fans, me included. Currently it's rather bare, due to the lack of contributors (as said, a small group of fans who are mostly busy with business life).

If you (or anybody really) make a tutorial on the Klei forums, mind if I publish an edited copy on the API docs?

Yea, I've seen a lot of great tutorials out there, but there doesn't seem to be a great defined list of tutorials on this forum. (there are lists, but none of them contain very many, or at least are missing some of the good ones)

I actually plan on making a video tutorial for custom Spriter animations when I make the animations for my next character. Because currently, custom animations are probably the most complicated thing I've tried to implement so far, and are really missing proper tutorials.

I need tutorial how to do armor. Especially part with creating animation: files names, spriter features and etc.

Thanks.

http://dontstarveapi.com/components/armor/

Unfortunately I have no idea to make overriding symbols, I always edit existing animation atlases :p

This thread claims to have an answer, though it's not exactly the same text for armour I think.

Archived