Some Questions about the game - Thanks for help

What bugs you catch the bug net? How does one use it? Only butterflies? Or also bees? Is it possible to store it in a box, without something happens? Spider eggs also, without they slip in the box? What can you do with Spider eggs, except to build a new nest of spiders?

What bugs you catch the bug net?

* All, except the bugs that make the game glitch or crash.

How does one use it?

* Press Ctrl + W and you should have no problem.

Only butterflies?

* If they don't give you glitches then yes.

Or also bees?

* Same principle.

Is it possible to store it in a box, without something happens?

* Something happens if you feed no.

Spider eggs also, without they slip in the box?

* I don't see why catching a gigantic den with a small net wouldn't work, do you?

What can you do with Spider eggs, except to build a new nest of spiders?

* Have you tried stuffing one in your mouth?

How do you get a rabbit tail or animal fur?

* You catch it and then skin it. That's usually how humans do it.

Is there a tool?

* Hmm, I'm not sure if this game runs on a software powerful enough to enable you to get tools. I think Kevin (the main developer) said somewhere that he wwill not be implementing tools in the game.

Perhaps the shaver?

* What's that? And can you eat it?

How can you hunt / kill a turkey?

How dangerous is it / what happens, if I destroy a piggery / grandfather clock, to get the gears?

What is the next better weapon after the javelin? Is it easy to get? What weapon I need to kill the giant spider?

Spider eggs also, without they slip in the box?

* I don't see why catching a gigantic den with a small net wouldn't work, do you?

Not to catch it with a bug net. Sorry. If you attack spiders and their big houses, you get spidereggs. I hope, that they don't slip in the box or in my bag.

* Well, first, you'll need 4 - 5 Battle helmets/Football helmets, then you want to build a wwall pen or place dowwn 2 flingomatics and plant down some trees next to them, then you wwant to farm dragonfruits and make dragon pies, at least 10 (honey hams and fish sticks wcould work too, but Dragonpies have a shorter animation, which could potentially save your life) or have healing salves and/or honey poultices ready. And last, but not least, make a ham bat as soon as you're ready to fight it. At least I think that's right.

How dangerous is it / what happens, if I destroy a piggery / grandfather clock, to get the gears?

* What game do you think you're playing?! Chess?! ... Okay, I have absolutely no idea, but have you tried to run them over? Your character should be strong enough to do that, right?

What is the next better weapon after the javelin? Is it easy to get? What weapon I need to kill the giant spider?

* I think a Whirly Fan will be decent enough. It's not too hard to make either.

Not to catch it with a bug net. Sorry. If you attack spiders and their big houses, you get spidereggs. I hope, that they don't slip in the box or in my bag.

* Try raising one like a Tallbird egg. Might take a while, but it'll all be worth it :-) Then I can definitely assure you (I'm 0.000001% sure), they will not attack you once they hatch.

Okay, sorry dude, I've been messing with you this whole time. I'll write real responses this time:

What bugs you catch the bug net?

* Fireflies, Bees, Butterflies, Mosquitos and I think that's all.

How does one use it?

* Press Space when you're close to them if you're using a keyboard, not sure which button if you're using a controller.

Only butterflies? Or also bees?

* Both, as I mentioned in my first answer.

Is it possible to store it in a box, without something happens?

* They will starve, except the fireflies, which you can catch with a bug net.

Spider eggs also, without they slip in the box? What can you do with Spider eggs, except to build a new nest of spiders?

* You can use them for fuel other than planting, nothing else (or you can give it to a Lureplant to digest) Spider eggs won't hatch in a chest or in your inventory, don't worry.

How do you get a rabbit tail or animal fur?

* From bunny men, they have a chance to drop it. They are found in caves, but caves are not in DST yet, so you can't obtain it atm.

Is there a tool? Perhaps the shaver?

* No, you'll have to kill them or smash their houses to get it.

* Drop a berry on the ground, make it walk towards the berry, then attack it till it dies. Then grab the loot and voila.

* You get gears, nothing else, why? Well, bishops drop purple gems too, but other than that the clockworks don't do much after death.

What is the next better weapon after the javelin? Is it easy to get?

* The spear is all you need tbh. You can make a dark sword, but that'll drop your sanity, you can make a ham bat, but that'll rot quickly, you can make a  morning star, but that'll run out of durability quicker and once caves are in, you'll also be able to make a Bat bat, but they are quite expensive and hard to come by, though useful.

What weapon I need to kill the giant spider?

* Weapon is not what matters, but HOW you kill it that does. You do 3 - 4 hits and run (that's called kiting in this game). If the Spider Queen spawns a spider, make the spider go farther away from her and kill the spider, then continue attacking the spider queen. That's if you want to kill the Queen on your own.

Oh, actually, you CAN get a better weapon than Spear; a Tentacle spike, but you need to kill a tentacle to get that, though they have 50% chance to drop one, so good luck on kiting them!

Okay, sorry dude, I've been messing with you this whole time. I'll write real responses this time:

Oh, actually, you CAN get a better weapon than Spear; a Tentacle spike, but you need to kill a tentacle to get that, though they have 50% chance to drop one, so good luck on kiting them!

Thank you for your serious answers. That is very helpful.

Edit: Oh, I see Xirmix answered you seriously. :) That is nice of him. I was worried your thread will be overwhelmed by trolls again.

What bugs you catch the bug net? How does one use it? Only butterflies? Or also bees? Is it possible to store it in a box, without something happens? Spider eggs also, without they slip in the box? What can you do with Spider eggs, except to build a new nest of spiders?

You can catch butterflies and bees and fireflies.

Yes, you can store the bug net and the caught insects in your inventory, backpack, or chest. But you will have to feed them every couple of days. They won't escape unless the chest or backpack is destroyed.

Spider eggs can be stored indefinitely. Don't worry, they won't grow out from your chest. :razz: I don't think there's another use from them aside from planting a new nest, but maybe someone here will correct me.

How do you get a rabbit tail or animal fur? Is there a tool? Perhaps the shaver?

I'm not sure if they put rabbit tails in DST yet. I think this was from single-player. From the bunnymen down in the caves. Maybe tumbleweeds have it, but I'm not sure. What do you need it for? Rabbit earmuffs? You don't need rabbit tails for those...

Ugh. Turkeys are annoying. You can try to corner them near the ocean, but it's hard. :( Best thing is to use a ranged weapon like boomerang. Take a look at the Fighting tab to see what kind of weapons you can make. There's another way, I've seen a player do this in DST, is to plant some traps near your berry bushes so when the turkey approaches, it's dead meat.

By piggery, do you mean Pig Village? The pig houses? They don't give you gears even if you destroy them. :( What is a grandfather clock? Is that Clockwork Monsters? They are a bit dangerous to fight if you're new to the game and playing alone. Maybe bring lots of food and log suits. And bring a couple of friendly pigs if you can. They will fight for you.

The javelin (you mean spear?).... that's a complicated issue. There are diff weapons for diff things, all depending on what you have at the moment and the char you are using and the thing you're fighting. I'll let other players explain this if they want.

BTW, do you really want to kill the Spider Queen? It sleeps after 2 or 3 days, I think. If you leave it alone. That's what I do. Fighting is too tiring...

BTW, do you really want to kill the Spider Queen? It sleeps after 2 or 3 days, I think. If you leave it alone. That's what I do. Fighting is too tiring...

Yes, you totally want to kill her!

She sleeps at night. Unless your game is experiencing a bug (which can be fixed by quitting and reloading), she's not sleeping during the day. After 2-3 days of wandering...

She has likely moved away from other nests and/or Queens, and will replant herself into a new spider nest. This can be a good thing if you're running low on spider nests, but it can be a bad thing if your world is already becoming overrun with them. It gets tiring trying to take them all out.

Also, her loot:

She drops a Spiderhat. Wear that on your head and you can befriend several spiders - use them to attack each other, their own nests, or take down mobs, including other Queens. Take care wearing it around pigs and bunnymen though, they'll see you as the enemy

She sleeps at night. Unless your game is experiencing a bug (which can be fixed by quitting and reloading), she's not sleeping during the day. After 2-3 days of wandering...

She has likely moved away from other nests and/or Queens, and will replant herself into a new spider nest. This can be a good thing if you're running low on spider nests, but it can be a bad thing if your world is already becoming overrun with them. It gets tiring trying to take them all out.

Also, her loot:

She drops a Spiderhat. Wear that on your head and you can befriend several spiders - use them to attack each other, their own nests, or take down mobs, including other Queens. Take care wearing it around pigs and bunnymen though, they'll see you as the enemy

But the new nest won't be a lvl3. My strategy has always been to wake them one by one (if I come across old lvl3 nests) and kill them once they settle down into lower lvl. :D

Also, her loot:

Thank you very much for this tipps. That is very helpful. I think, I will let she alone and wait, till she is planting herself as a spider nest. There are not many spiders in our world. We (2) have already killed 1 nest, but we need the spiders for spider glan and spider nets.

What special helpful quality has Wilson to whom the beard grows?

What does cause the key "force attack"? If I press this key, nothing at all happens.

Wilsons beard can help you make a meat effigy! it can resurrect you when you die.  :lotsastuff:

for the force attack to work you need to attack something first, then it should work.

Wilsons beard can help you make a meat effigy! it can resurrect you when you die.  :lotsastuff:

for the force attack to work you need to attack something first, then it should work.

How can I do the first two things that you mentioned?

And the second? Must I press the normal attack key (F) first, and then only the key for forcing attack?

you can shave Wilson's beard with a razor, the beard reaches its longest state in 15 days (don't shave the beard before winter, It insulates you.)

with the beard hair, 4 cooked meat and 4 boards you can make a meat effigy.

its impotent to mention that you will need to make a prestihatitator to prototype it, (its under the magic tab) and that it will drain your max health by 50.

the meat effigy is being improved on as we speak and some new features will be added to it soon in DST.

you need to click the enemy, agroing it and then you can press F

What special helpful quality has Wilson to whom the beard grows?

* The bears provides heat insulation during Winter; the longer the beard is, the more insulation you get. It's recommended you shave it before Summer comes. The beard hair from it can be either used as fuel or to make meat effigies, which are very useful resurrection items.

What does cause the key "force attack"? If I press this key, nothing at all happens.

* F will make your character automaticly attack hosyile and/or monster mobs, whilst pressing Ctrl + F force makes your character attack passive mobs (Gobbler/Turkey included) and even walls

What does cause the key "force attack"? If I press this key, nothing at all happens. * F will make your character automaticly attack hosyile and/or monster mobs, whilst pressing Ctrl + F force makes your character attack passive mobs (Gobbler/Turkey included) and even walls

Thank you again.

Archived