Game too hard, please Nerf.

Recently, some friends of mine purchased dont starve together so we can all play together. Long story short someone opened a chest and it became summer and we died in a mere few days. My friends won't play with me anymore cause they feel the game is too hard and it is "rigged." I unfortunately still like the game despite it being similar to pulling teeth in difficulty. They refuse to play with me due to the difficulty and so I end up having to play alone and you can imagine how hard it is to fight deerclops in winter 1v1 etc etc. So the game has become sad and depressing honestly I am aware I can turn off giants however without them some items can not be built. I just hope something will be done so the game is not as depressing as it is. :( It really is discouraging when you get to day 200, and die and lose your whole camp to a deer clops attack and he completely ignores u attacking him and kills your camp. Then only kills u when its destroyed, I had tooth traps set up and magic staffs but he completely ignored me attacking him, and destroyed my hard work. It honestly made me want to throw in the dont starve together towel unfortunately. Alright well thanks for your time I really hope something can be done to fix the dont starve together solo game. As well as even group games are pretty hard. I also forgot to mention that I know the spec's can be changed under edit world however whenever I do edit world the game just lags so badly. So I don't really edit the world, I wonder too if that is a beta issue cause it's not my pc or net. 

thanks, Hannah

post-664963-0-96543000-1434929104_thumb.

@RiceHannah, I'm sorry to hear that, but that's one of the charms of this game... It's "uncompromising"...

DST is actually a lot easier than the single player... there, if you die, your entire save file is erased and your progress disappears (except for experience points which unlock other characters)

The goal of the game is to die/experience, learn, improve... it's coined as survival game for a reason :)

Don't get discouraged (also you can just reset your save file to a previous save in the "Manage Server" option :) )

What I don't get is why they buffed the health of mobs. Just because you're playing with players, doesn't mean you're teaming up with them.

Well, many argue that you should play the game with others because "Together" O__O

But then PVP, so...

I guess in PVP, if there's a threat of a giant attack, it would cause the players to set aside their differences and join together to defeat the beast... O__O

Please don't nerf.

I love the difficulty of the game. It makes it unlike any other game. You modify the difficulty as well, simply by teaming up with others or hosting your own server. Hosts (and admins on dedicated servers) can do so much.

But please no nerfing.

Don't Starve is about, dying, learning to avoid what killed you, surviving a bit longer the next time, dying again, learning, dying...

I'm pretty good at this game now but that's because I played it for over one year and died 40+ times.

Your friends are either too impatient or they just don't like this kind of game.

And seriously, you can easily revive your friends.

Well, many argue that you should play the game with others because "Together" O__O

But then PVP, so...

I guess in PVP, if there's a threat of a giant attack, it would cause the players to set aside their differences and join together to defeat the beast... O__O

Yeah but sometimes your friends got to go, so I have to stop playing because they left? Not cool...

In your case (and your friends case), i think that the best answer is : search for mod to adjust the difficulty.

There is plenty of mod making the game more easy.

The chest was a trap, but it's rare and when you know it, you could easily avoid it.

You could also just make some changes in the preset : like long autumn, giving you more time to make your base and gather stuff before winter. Put berries on "lot" to have more food, etc. You could find a lot of way to make the game more easy. :)

Original game was by far more punishing. If dieing is something that discourage your friends, it's basically not their kind of game. Game tries to kill you, you trying to survive it, easy as this. There is nothing random in that game, everything can prepared and managed, so it's fair.

Games are supposed to be hard. That's why they're games.

But, yeah, Summer needs some updates. It's retarded. In real life yes, you can get frost-bitten in minutes. But twenty-somethings (according to wikis, like, the Willow character for example) do not succumb to heat exhaustion in a few minutes in real life.

I like the game mechanic, but, the timing is too aggressive.

No one joins servers in summer and plenty of people log-off in summer. Nuff' Said.

someone opened a chest and it became summer and we died

Season traps are overkill and need to be changed!!!!!

In the past: Noob opens that damn chest (now there are even 2) on singleplayer -> he suffers and can merely survive with the stuff in the chest

Now: Griefer opens chest in multiplayer, use the content to survive easily and watches the headlines, who is going to die and leave then the server because of him.

My suggestion: Guy who opens the chest, should find inside just **** and the server tells everyone, that in 1/2 day(s) summer/winter begins.

I was recently playing on a stranger's hosted server when Summer happened halfway through Autumn (server was on day 8 or so). We had NO idea what happened and were completely unprepared. We continued for a few days before the host decided to restart. I was pretty convinced that there had been an epic bug we just experienced.

But several in game days later I had an idea. I think Dragonfly smashed that trapped chest and set off Summer. It was only us and Dragonfly...I didn't do it, I don't think the host had even found the desert yet, but I ran past Dragonfly repeatedly and even thought to myself once that he was getting pretty far from his home...

Please please please, if Dragonfly can set this trap off, it needs to change. There's punishing the players for mistakes and there's completely unfair, this is the latter.

Like,why do you need to log off when your friends log off?In normal Don't Starve,you play by YOUR OWN.I mean yeah,it sucks,it is quite lonely.But that doesn't mean you can't play.You can just play on your own or maybe you should do something else when they are offline.

And the chest.YO,a chest just randomly spawn out of nowhere.Isn't that fishy?If you think that it is not fishy.Then i would say that you got trust issues.

Plus,Don't Starve is about die and learn.Not you just go in and steam roll the game.And Deerclops?Just hit'n run with him.4000 health=2 players with Football Helmets+2 spears.Done

Bearger?=5 honey,done

Dragonfly?I am pretty sure that klei is trolling us.27500 health???

Archived