[Gameplay] - Moleworms are no longer dug up when digging burrows

Arcita

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Moleworms are no longer dug up when digging burrows

Issue Description: If you dig a burrow when moleworms are not currently roaming outside, then no moleworm is produced and that burrow is permanently destroyed. This has caused my friend to inadvertently destroy most of the burrows in our world.

This might be intentional to nerf moleworm farms, but if so I think it needs some rethinking. Burrows often spawn in clumps, and it's not always apparent which moleworm came from which burrow, so there's a good chance you'll destroy some burrows even during dusk and night.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Dig a burrow when the burrow's moleworm is supposed to be inside.

The moleworms will come out of the ground if you whack the mole with a hammer, actually.

If the moleworm is inside, it will spawn him in a raised dirt clump, he'll go around for a bit and make another burrow.

Moleworms are seriously not an issue, the little guys will repeatedly make burrows after the previous ones were destroyed, and catcoons sure seem fond of vomiting them.

The moleworms will come out of the ground if you whack the mole with a hammer, actually.

If the moleworm is inside, it will spawn him in a raised dirt clump, he'll go around for a bit and make another burrow.

Moleworms are seriously not an issue, the little guys will repeatedly make burrows after the previous ones were destroyed, and catcoons sure seem fond of vomiting them.

I'm talking about the burrows from which the moleworms spawn, not the "raised dirt" that you see once the moleworms are already outside of their burrows during dusk or night. 

I'll repeat what I've already stated. Currently in DST, if you dig a burrow a moleworm is not produced like it would be in single player. Nothing you've written deals with the topic that I've presented here. 

Digging up the burrow spawns a raised dirt clump.

Sorry if you can't process what I say.

Digging up the burrow spawns a raised dirt clump.

Sorry if you can't process what I say.

Um the entire point of the thread is saying that they don't in fact spawn moleworms when dug even though they should. You're simply telling me what is supposed to happen, which I already am aware of, hence the ******* point of submitting this to a bug tracker. 

It's not a bug. It's an intended feature.

And how the hell do you know that? You're even contradicting yourself. You JUST told me in obnoxiously large, highlighted text that moleworms should spawn from burrows when they're dug, even though this is information that must necessarily preclude a bug report for moleworms no longer spawning from burrows when dug. You are...  ridiculous. 

And how the hell do you know that? You're even contradicting yourself. You JUST told me in obnoxiously large, highlighted text that moleworms should spawn from burrows when they're dug, even though this is information that must necessarily preclude a bug report for moleworms no longer spawning from burrows when dug. You are...  ridiculous. 

You said get dug up from digging the burrow. they dont. they spawn as raised dirt. if you want the mole as an item, you need to hammer them to get them out of the ground. Of course, if you meant they aren't spawning at all, not as raised dirt, then that actually is a bug that you said incorrectly at first and i misunderstood.

You said get dug up from digging the burrow. they dont. they spawn as raised dirt. if you want the mole as an item, you need to hammer them to get them out of the ground. Of course, if you meant they aren't spawning at all, not as raised dirt, then that actually is a bug that you said incorrectly at first and i misunderstood.

Do you know what that raised dirt is? It's a moleworm. If raised dirt is a moleworm, and you've dug up raised dirt, then what else can you say that you've dug up? Thanks for your utterly useless, oblivious, and condescending contributions. 

Do you know what that raised dirt is? It's a moleworm. If raised dirt is a moleworm, and you've dug up raised dirt, then what else can you say that you've dug up? Thanks for your utterly useless, oblivious, and condescending contributions. 

You said it spawned a moleworm. Moleworms have two variations. As a item you can pick up, and something that burrows underground.

Thanks for not listening to them.

You said it spawned a moleworm. Moleworms have two variations. As a item you can pick up, and something that burrows underground.

Thanks for not listening to them.

As if someone who mentions moleworm farms in the opening post isn't aware of the basic gameplay mechanic required to make a moleworm farm. 

Oh, and even though you've been trying to school me on ridiculously vapid semantical technicalities, you've been technically wrong in virtually every single one of your statements. "raised dirt" is simply an assigned string for the variable mole_underground; "raised dirt" isn't spawned because it's simply a string that you see pop up on the screen when you examine mole_underground. There are actually three -- not two -- states for moleworms to be in:

mole_underground: this is when it has the string 'raised dirt' and you can NOT hammer it as this point.

mole_aboveground: this is when it pops out of the ground, and when you're able to hammer it.

mole: this is when it's an item. 

It repulses me when someone who is five steps behind the current level of thought interjects with sneering condescension, and he is just too unaware of his surroundings to realize his own ignorance. 

This is definitely a bug. Further more, I've been experiencing it like a month already.

From what I have seen, mole will only make a new burrow if its dusk. If you destroy its burrow while it is inside, it will destroy the burrow permanently, as mole cant spawn out of nowhere. If mole was outside of its burrow when it was destoyed and it hasnt made new one yet, it will never make it. If you manage to whack it with hammer and then drop during dusk, it will make new one again.

In DS, mole would make new hole at any time if previous one was destroyed, regardless of being inside/outside. If burrow was dug when mole was inside, he would show up and make a new one. In DST it wont show up unless its dusk, destroying burrow permanently. Same goes to mole roaming outside: whenever its burrow is destroyed, it would make a new one. In DST, he will be roaming around forever until killed or whacked, without making new burrow and sleeping on the ground, the way homeless moles do in caves.

Workaround: only farm burrows during dusk, when mole has already left it, as well as make sure mole will be able to make burrow before night comes.

Archived