Razor Shouldn't Require Science Machine

I joined a server as Webber and soon after it turned to summer. My character had enough time to grow a beard and when summer started he overheated very quickly. Unfortunately I couldn't get a Science Machine in time to survive. I really couldn't believe that I died because there was no way to remove my beard. This razor requirement may work for singleplayer, but not in multiplayer where players may enter a server in any season. So for my suggestion, I think the razor shouldn't require the science machine to make.

The reason the razor requires a science machine is so when new players are looking for things to craft, they don't get overwhelmed with options. Once they familiarize themselves with the basic crafting, then more crafting options are introduced though the machines.

The reason the razor requires a science machine is so when new players are looking for things to craft, they don't get overwhelmed with options. Once they familiarize themselves with the basic crafting, then more crafting options are introduced though the machines.

Even if that's the case, for multiplayer it shouldn't require a science machine because of the issues that arise which I've mentioned.

Even if that's the case, for multiplayer it shouldn't require a science machine because of the issues that arise which I've mentioned.

I'm sorry, but keeping in that line of thinking, you should ask for the Endothermic Campfire instead of the Razor.

This only arose because of the circumstances that occurred to you. It is in no way the game's fault. If you had played, say Wendy, you would not ask about the razor.

I'm sorry, but keeping in that line of thinking, you should ask for the Endothermic Campfire instead of the Razor.

This only arose because of the circumstances that occurred to you. It is in no way the game's fault. If you had played, say Wendy, you would not ask about the razor.

Actually the endothermic campfire isn't going to help besides make me stand next to it until I die. I'm okay with hiding under trees and cooling down with a straw hat, but having a beard that's heating me up and not being able to remove it, is extremely punishing to a Webber or a Wilson.

I joined spring, played a few days and it quickly became summer.
When it tells you the season it also tells you how long the season will last like "late spring" means it's about to change to summer or "early spring" means it just became spring so if you would've payed attention to the season shower or w/e you should've made a science mechine really quickly.  

You not gitting gud is an issue? Well damn, google a tutorial or something.

This would lead to tons of news players crafting a razor which has two uses: One of the uses is only limited to two characters while the other provides something thats not really useful besides fire. The ground would have lots of razors lying everywhere

You still will have tons of razors lying everywhere because the only way for the other characters to lower the durability would be shaving beefalo. It'll also distract some of the newish players from making stuff like picks/axes for something that has 2 uses

You sure seem like you're trying to say that generally people and new players are stupid. As of right now, players are capable of making razors that last indefinitely. By adding durability to razors, it will lessen the amount people have of them. Also anyone who's played any survival game would know that pickaxes and axes are must have items before anything else. If they get razors right in the beginning of the game, then they shouldn't be even playing the game. Imagine that kind of player even comprehending the crock pot mechanics, yeah right.

Also anyone who's played any survival game would know that pickaxes and axes are must have items before anything else. If they get razors right in the beginning of the game, then they shouldn't be even playing the game. Imagine that kind of player even comprehending the crock pot mechanics, yeah right.

People are going to be completely new to the game. There's going be noobs who craft useless items. You joined as a character who has a beard right before summer, you're complaining that you started to overheat when you knew that summer was coming. Its like complaining that wigfrid is unfair because she can't eat plants, Every character needs to have downsides. 

People are going to be completely new to the game. There's going be noobs who craft useless items. You joined as a character who has a beard right before summer, you're complaining that you started to overheat when you knew that summer was coming. Its like complaining that wigfrid is unfair because she can't eat plants, Every character needs to have downsides. 

In game, I tried to make a razor, but couldn't because resources were depleted and were hard to find. That's kind of what happens on Don't Starve Together when there are many players. You make it seem like I just didn't care or were uneducated about it, but that's not true. I just found it ridiculous that I had a beard and was unable to shave it. Wilson and Webber are nothing like Wigfrid, because they're able to shave. The problem I think is when we're supposed to be able to shave. Some say mid game while I say early game.

Also Wigfrid starts with meat while Webber and Wilson don't start with razors.

EDIT: its actually not fair how wilson doesnt start with anything but most others do..... idk if webber should start with it cuz he gets spider den and some other stuff

Well, Wilson's advantage is "free beard hair" to make the coveted(?) Meat Effigy.

For other players, you'd need to go insane and kill rabbits for a chance to get a beard hair. 

Well, Wilson's advantage is "free beard hair" to make the coveted(?) Meat Effigy.

For other players, you'd need to go insane and kill rabbits for a chance to get a beard hair. 

I play wilderness. Also I'm beginning to hate starter items. These Willow lighters are adding up on my server and are bugging me.

These Willow lighters are adding up on my server and are bugging me.

Look at them another way... they're trophies O__O

Collect them, or make chests around the portal and leave them there for new comers...

They might end up burning everything in their path, but at least you get rid of the lighters and help people out...

:T

EDIT: *read the word Wilderness*

Or just place random chests around the map and put the lighters there for people to use...

Or just place random chests around the map and put the lighters there for people to use...

I'm playing PvP, maybe I'll put them on the ground and place a ton of traps around them to kill people so I can eat their flesh. Oh the way I wished the game to be...

Archived