Defeating the Dragonfly and more! - [Video]

Since it's already out there, I wanted to show more of this tactic.

Now, I'll show you how to time the pan flute to the exact moment that this would be most effective.

To start off:

How to Defeat the Dragonfly - 6 Pigs and Willow (No Lavae Egg)

In this one, I'll show you how to kite the Dragonfly: 6 hits then dodge.

Note: Walls are for you and your allies. If this tactic is successful, you don't need the walls, but if you don't get it right the first time, you'll need to do it again. See next Video below.

How to Fail at this tactic - Webber and some spiders (No Lavae Egg)

I wanted to test how spiders would fair against the Dragonfly.

Bunny Men and Wigfrid against the Dragonfly - Ironic Allies (Includes LAVAE EGG!!)

Well Rily, you want it, you got it :grin:

"For the Glory of Spring!!"

220176.jpg

[EDIT: I don't know why the video doesn't come out here... O__O]

Wickerbottom's Sleepy Time Stories against the Dragonfly (Includes LAVAE EGG!!)

Sleepy Time Stories is hard to time but at least it's renewable right XirmiX?

O__O

EDIT: What do you think we should name this tactic. Just calling it that just sounds "meh"... Name it until they find out what's causing this bug!! XD

EDIT: Put in Wickerbottom's Sleepy Time Stories.

Is there a limit to the number of videos per post? Because the rest just stays there as a link...

@Asparagus oh, so you play the panflute when the dragonfly is about to spew out a lavae and then you can tank her? Since pan flute is non-renewable, could this work with Sleepy time stories and would it be possible to do this with sleep darts as well?

PS on my server I have my third Spring and I already wrecked 3 Gmooses and 15 Mosslings during only that one season!

Since pan flute is non-renewable, could this work with Sleepy time stories and would it be possible to do this with sleep darts as well?

Hmm... (I wanted to try them but I didn't have enough time...) let me test it out and make another vid :) or you could test it for me? huehuehue :)

PS on my server I have my third Spring and I already wrecked 3 Gmooses and 15 Mosslings during only that one season!

*stands and claps*

That's one of my goals every Spring too :D ! I roam the map in search of Gmoose and her/his (because antlers O__O) Mooselings. :D easy loot to make...

WEATHER PAINS!! Buwahahaha... also, the Feather Fan... O__O

(Because lugging an axe,  shovel and pickaxe can be cumbersome at times...)

@Asparagus well, I already lost a ton of healing salves and all of my honey pultices as well as a lot of armour and nearly died to Lavae during my 3 attempts to fight the dragonfly without any vheats (except a few mods). So, I'm not too keen on doing that.

And I think that if say the dragonfly takes 5 sleep darts to put to sleep, then shoot the first 4 while she is walking towards a lava pool and then ahoot the last one when she is about to spew lavae to then make her go to sleep (I honestly have no idea how many darts it takes to make her go to sleep).

Also, at what point would the dragonfly normally go into knockout state which is when you can get extra scales? And how do I go about making the knockout work properly even if I do your method or may be use gunpowder occasionally to get her to the right percentage of health to go into knockout state?

@Asparagus well, I already lost a ton of healing salves and all of my honey pultices as well as a lot of armour and nearly died to Lavae during my 3 attempts to fight the dragonfly without any vheats (except a few mods). So, I'm not too keen on doing that.
How to Fail at this tactic - Webber and some spiders (No Lavae Egg)
 :3 You can observe here the timing it should and should not work at. 

@XirmiX, regardinig the sleep darts, I would say yes, it is highly impractical for this tactic. So I guess Wickerbottom's Sleep Time Stories should be a good stand-in as it kinda follows the same mechanics as the pan flute... although if you have 4 other people who have a sleepdart and you all somehow synchronize your attack... *shrugs shoulders*

Also, at what point would the dragonfly normally go into knockout state which is when you can get extra scales? And how do I go about making the knockout work properly even if I do your method or may be use gunpowder occasionally to get her to the right percentage of health to go into knockout state?

In the videos above, you can observe the dragonfly freeze (as in the animation) in mid-air... that's when you should deliver a ton of damage... of course, with only bunny and pig men with me, I wasn't able to achieve it... try it out :)

How do you wall off the lava pods?, when I tried the dragonfly broke the walls, I use the pan flaute to put the walls but when she wakes up she keeps destroying the walls, I need to start the fight and the walls at the same time I suppose, now I have almost all the lava pods with a hole in the walls and I am sure she still breaking the walls while I'm looking for more rocks

DarkXero explained it nicely here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/53193-near-invincible-dragonfly/#entry632709

If you are able to do a certain amount of damage in a certain amount of time, you trigger the knockout state.

You then have to exceed a threshold for the damage tracker, and if you manage to do so, the scales drop.

Archived