[Mod] Tazers, Guns, and more Tazers! (Constant WIP)

Hi everybody! This is my first mod for Invisible Inc. Basically, it's going to add a whole ton of new weapons into the game. The mod is still a WIP as I add more items, but eventually it will be complete! Expect 2-3 new items per day.

Items Implemented

K&O Disposable Disruptor: 15 KO Time, 5 Armor Piercing, 10 PWR cost. One use.
Plastech Disposable Disruptor: 3 KO Time, 10 Armor Piercing. One use.
Sankaku Disposable Disruptor: Small EMP when activated, ( Currently Broken ) 5 KO Time, 1 Armor Piercing. One Use.
FTM Disposable Disruptor: 3 KO Time, 3 Armor Piercing. One use.
The Hit-n-run: One Fire Per Level, Lethal Gun. One Armor Penetration. Gun also has a toggle to use a two-turn cloak.

K&O SMG: 5 shots per clip, lethal weapon.

Coming Soon...
FTM Standard Issue Disruptor: 0 Base Ko, Only Tags, Each Alarm Level Adds +1 KO power, 3 Cooldown.
M0nst3r's Modified Neural Disruptor: 4 Base Ko, 2 Armor Penetration, each use drains 200 credits.
K&0 SMG: 5 ammo, no armor penetration.

Changelog
[June 3, 2015] Added Disposable Disruptors for all corps. ( FTM, Sankaku, K&O, and Plastech.)
[June 4, 2015] Added new gun, "Hit-n-run."

[June 5, 2015] Added new gun, "K&O SMG."

Known Bugs
- Sankaku Disposable Disruptor Doesn't give off EMP blast.
-Hit-&-Run MAY NOT WORK! DO NOT RELY UPON IT IN CLUTCH SITUATIONS! If somebody could I for me of it working or not, please tell me.

Installation Instructions:
1. Navigate to your Invisible Inc. folder
2. Enter Resources
3. Swap out scripts.zip with the version provided on this mod
4. Launch Normaly!

We Want YOUR Ideas!
If you have some kind of weapon you want made, just ask! Chance's are, i'll make it!

Time Until Next Update
Soon. Things are taking longer than I expected.

scripts.zip

Even though there's no official mod support right now so it's difficult for two mods to be activated at the same time, it would be nice to have the individual files uploaded so for example I can apply your mod (by copy-pasting the changes in the lua files) and Nerava's more items mod together. That would be awesome and eliminate any possible competition between modders in such an amazing community. 

My two cents. :-)

Idea: A killing melee weapon would be pretty cool. One with cooldown and one with one use.

Idea: A killing melee weapon would be pretty cool. One with cooldown and one with one use.

I was actually thinking about this, I just didn't have the mental power at 3 in the morning to figure it out.

I'll get on that sometime this afternoon. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Also, I apologize to Nerava if it seems like I'm encroaching onto your territory. However, I'd just like to say, I only plan on doing weapon mods.

Even though there's no official mod support right now so it's difficult for two mods to be activated at the same time, it would be nice to have the individual files uploaded so for example I can apply your mod (by copy-pasting the changes in the lua files) and Nerava's more items mod together. That would be awesome and eliminate any possible competition between modders in such an amazing community. 

My two cents. :-)

For you Idea, here is a solution until it gets implemented, go into scripts.zip/sim/unitdefs and open itemdefs.lua, open also store.lua in scripts.zip/sim/units.

In the itemdefs, search for item_baton

copy the item

paste it under the current item baton

change it to what ever you want

example how it should look at the end

item_baton = util.extend(melee_template)
{
name = STRINGS.ITEMS.BATON,
desc = STRINGS.ITEMS.BATON_TOOLTIP,
flavor = STRINGS.ITEMS.BATON_FLAVOR,
icon = "itemrigs/FloorProp_AmmoClip.png",
profile_icon = "gui/icons/item_icons/items_icon_small/icon-item_tazer_small.png",
profile_icon_100 = "gui/icons/item_icons/icon-item_tazer.png",
--profile_icon = "gui/items/icon-tazer-ftm.png",
requirements = {  },
traits = { damage = 1, melee = true, lethalMelee = true},
value = 500,
floorWeight = 1,
},

item_baton_cooldown = util.extend(melee_template)
{
profile_icon = "gui/icons/item_icons/items_icon_small/icon-item_tazer_small.png",
requirements = {  },
traits = { damage = 1, melee = true, lethalMelee = true, disposable = true},
value = 500,
floorWeight = 1,
},

item_baton_oneuse = util.extend(melee_template)
{
requirements = {  },
traits = { damage = 1, melee = true, lethalMelee = true, cooldown = 0 , cooldownmax = 5},
value = 500,
floorWeight = 1,
},

Now go into the store.lua

Search for weaponList

there should be a list of the weapons

in the list, add

unitdefs.tool_templates.[NAME OF YOUR ITEM]

for me, this would mean

unitdefs.tool_templates.item_baton_cooldown

unitdefs.tool_templates.item_baton_oneuse

The modding in this game is pretty roughly implemented so far, but I should probably put it on my todo list to entirely separate my mod from the existing files. I've been looking into it, and it seems like it shouldn't be impossible... EDIT: It would. however accomplish exactly nothing, since repaths would be overwritten anyway.

Always neat to see more mods showing up though, good sign for the community to have more modders.

We Want YOUR Ideas!

If you have some kind of weapon you want made, just ask! Chance's are, i'll make it!

So, I had an Idea for the FTM Tazer

item_disposable_tazer_ftm = util.extend(melee_template)
{
name = STRINGS.ITEMS.TAZER_DISPOSABLE_FTM,
desc = STRINGS.ITEMS.TAZER_DISPOSABLE_FTM_TOOLTIP,
flavor = STRINGS.ITEMS.TAZER_DISPOSABLE_FTM_FLAVOR,
requirements = {  },
traits =
{ damage = 3, melee = true, level = 1, disposable = true, armorPiercing = 3, combatRestored = true },
value = 500,
floorWeight = 1,
},

This alows you to do an extra attack after you attacked with this tazer.

@HumanKirby

Consider it done! I'll apply it in the next patch.

Edit: Also, if you noticed, I tried to match each tazer with what the corp stood for. K&O is brute strength, plastech is medicine, sankaku is electronics, but when i got to FTM, I drew a blank.

Well, a good tazer for FTM would also be one which tags enemys (you know, because they pinpoint your location)

(should work with the trait (canTag = true))

So, if I set the damage of a weapon to 0, or just remove the trait altogether, it isn't going to stun/takedown an enemy when you use it, right? It'll just tag the enemy?

Nice work HumanKirby! 

Ooooh ooooh since we already have a tagging pistol that is not that useful even though it's ranged, maybe this tagging tazer can increase in KO damage along with the alarm level just like the FTM scanner. So in the beginning it'll be a pure tagging tazer and then in later alarm levels it can KO guards as well! 

Also on a side note, does the floorWeight of an item determine when it will show up in stores depending on difficulty?

Nice work HumanKirby!

Ooooh ooooh since we already have a tagging pistol that is not that useful even though it's ranged, maybe this tagging tazer can increase in KO damage along with the alarm level just like the FTM scanner. So in the beginning it'll be a pure tagging tazer and then in later alarm levels it can KO guards as well!

Also on a side note, does the floorWeight of an item determine when it will show up in stores depending on difficulty?

1. I like the idea of the tazer gaining Ko power for every alarm level! That would add some function to the item. I don't think it should be like this for the one-use ones though. I can apply it to the stock version.

2. Not sure. But if that's the case, I always leave my floorWeight set to one. So you should have no trouble finding it!

Edit: I put a little cookie under the Implimented items tab. Check it out, hmm?

I really like Hit'n'Run idea :grin:

Most pacifists-friendly weapon, that's what's greatest thing about it!

When there's a problem it's possible to just shoot at security camera to escape, 10/10)

Actually it would be even greater to have an sec.cam-only gun imho, maybe with more ammo but balanced with non-usability versus enemies. 

(well maybe it sounds like movement to an emp-shurikens etc, but maybe it's more efficient to implement as gun than new item/mechanic?)

I could try and cook up an EMP grenade series actually. Don't think it would be too hard.

EDIT: And I suspect a camera targeting only weapon would involve changing the ability for shooting at things to include some extra code in the target section, but I haven't looked.

Oh a gun that can only take out cameras is pretty interesting as well. Perhaps a bonus to this compared to other guns would be reduced noise range when the camera is destroyed. 

Also liking the hit-n-run item in development! Make sure to balance it though because it's even better than the flurry gun now lol. 

Oh my gosh while playing I just thought of something for your mod to be more viable and ignore rng. 

Modify the regular nanofabricator tables to include your four disposable tazers (maybe at a higher price than 500) all the time! Just like how there's always one charge pack and one med gel.

Then again, not sure how that would affect the Nanofab Vestibule missions where the nanofab already has 4 weapons.

Another idea: How about a weapon that consumes credits on use instead of PWR? That would be an interesting weapon. 

Oh my gosh while playing I just thought of something for your mod to be more viable and ignore rng.

Modify the regular nanofabricator tables to include your four disposable tazers (maybe at a higher price than 500) all the time! Just like how there's always one charge pack and one med gel.

Then again, not sure how that would affect the Nanofab Vestibule missions where the nanofab already has 4 weapons.

Another idea: How about a weapon that consumes credits on use instead of PWR? That would be an interesting weapon.

1. That's actually how I've been testing this mod. I can provide a download of that scripts.zip file if you'd like for my weapons to appear only.

2. I'll see what I can do about a tazer that consumes money.

Some random idea:

Heartbreak

Sophisticated device that hack into heart monitors and use power surge to cause heart attack.

Kill, ignore armor, cooldown 10 turns, 8 PWR cost.

- Does not work versus targets without heart monitor or disabled ones.

- Use hacking animation (booster chip)

- Use attack action (like XU mod)

Can there be an SMG we can use? I mean, I love the Flurry because it's an awesome weapon that just murders almost everything in the game, but the fact it can only be used for one turn kind of makes me sad. I would love to have a normal SMG to use, maybe have a high ammo count, but no armor piercing, and maybe that since it's supposed to be a guard weapon, it's not silenced and thus nearby guards will hear it being used. Something above the Handcannon, but even more rare. Like a K&O SMG that the Heavy Guards use.

Think of it like this:

K&O SMG

Standard issue submachine gun for the K&O Thor division.

- Has 5 Ammo

- No Armor Piercing

- Can only be pilfered off K&O Heavy Guards rarely, or maybe found in K&O Security Offices.

- Not Silenced, so nearby enemies will hear it being used.

K&O SMG

Standard issue submachine gun for the K&O Thor division.

- Has 5 Ammo

- No Armor Piercing

- Can only be pilfered off K&O Heavy Guards rarely, or maybe found in K&O Security Offices.

- Not Silenced, so nearby enemies will hear it being used.

That seems very simple! I'll appear in the next patch.

Edit: And... it's in!

Archived