How do guards turn around?

I would like some clarification on where guards look when they start their turn going in the opposite direction. Do they turn around 180 degrees clockwise, 180 degrees counter-clockwise, or do they 'instantly' turn around without seeing the sides?

Let's say a guard is looking straight north, and on his next turn he will go straight south.

Further, an agent is standing next to him on his left (west) and an agent is standing next to him on his right (east).

Which of the agents will be detected? Both, one of them, or neither?

I actually wouldn't recommend to go ironman until you know game very very well (which surprises me).

Unlike XCOM, there is no randomness and therefore no room for error. If you feel confident I would say keep 1 rewind to learn game. Of you screw up in Inv Inc you really pay for it (unlike XCOM where single agents are easily replaced) 

That said the campaign if short so it is not like you will loose tenths of hours of progress.

I threw the dice and actually did almost exactly what I described (stood RIGHT NEXT to a guard).

I ended the turn

I sweated profusely

he turned around

I peed my pants

he didn't see me

I smiled

I went upstairs to change my pants :congratulatory:

O.o. Kudos for courage, but I smell 'exploit' ;)

Corporation security guard training drills recruits in following strict procedure: close your eyes, turn 180 degrees on the spot, then open them again. Sidestepping is also strictly forbidden. These are done for clear health and safety reasons. Remember only you can stop workplace accidents.

Guards that do a 180 turn do not see their periphery. However, from past experience (although I haven't checked since release), guards that do a 135 degree turn will do the shortest turn in that direction, and see you there (e.g. not safe standing on that side of the guard).

That only applies for games with a quicksave option. In this game, not knowing how it works will make you (me) not try some things in fear of throwing some hard won progress away.

Anyway, loving this game on endless run. A bit difficult, but a lot of fun!

Guys, the answer here is obvious:

the guards in Invisible Inc are the cop from Terminator. Y'know, those guys who melt into a puddle of gelatinous metal and morph themself??? That's obviously what's happening here.

term.gif

They just turn around 180 degrees by going goo and reshaping in the opposite direction. The process is so fast that we don't see the transformation!

I feel this game seriously lacks a manual. For a tactical game you REALLY need to know how things work EXACTLY.

I dunno, I felt the tutorial covered how things worked pretty exactly. By the end, I had no questions, but I don't know if that's true for everyone, i suppose.

Thing is, you can play Invisible a lot and still be unsure of the exact behaviour of something, it's not just learning it in the first place, it's remembering it, all of it. Part of the game? Yeah, sure. But I'd like to see that void get filled by an improved wikia.

Guards that do a 180 turn do not see their periphery. However, from past experience (although I haven't checked since release), guards that do a 135 degree turn will do the shortest turn in that direction, and see you there (e.g. not safe standing on that side of the guard).

Exactly.  No matter which direction he goes next, he turns to it instantly.  It's a 180 turn if he turns in the opposite direction.  If you're on the left side of a guard that is facing downwards, and he decides to go diagonally up-left, then he will see you in his peripheral vision.  A good idea would be to see where he's going first so that you know which side to hide on.

One thing to be noted is that the guards' vision activates by the first tile that the guard would step on. That is why the guard cannot notice an agent right beside him or an agent who stands in diagonal lane with him.

One thing to be noted is that the guards' vision activates by the first tile that the guard would step on. That is why the guard cannot notice an agent right beside him or an agent who stands in diagonal lane with him.

I'm gonna claim 'bug/exploit' ... and someone else will say 'feature' ;)

It doesn't matter so much how it works, as long that EVERYONE who plays KNOWS it works like that. It means I've been doing needless panic moves for nothing. It also means I can try playing the game on a bit higher difficulty (custom game settings == WIN!)

Archived