How do guards turn around?

One thing to be noted is that the guards' vision activates by the first tile that the guard would step on. That is why the guard cannot notice an agent right beside him or an agent who stands in diagonal lane with him.

hold up, I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure this is how it works:

post-497406-0-89341500-1433634088_thumb.

hold up, I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure this is how it works:

attachicon.gifsight cones.png

Hmm, you're right, but I had some cases where I don't get noticed when I was in diagonal(not right beside). So I guess guards do not notice but only watch what happens when they turn around?

Are you sure you weren't in cover when you were diagonal of the guard?

@Klei

Can someone from the team please EXACTLY explain how this works? It's very clear that even avid players don't really know how this works. It should be front and center in the manual.

Rogue-likes and Rogue-like-likes don't need manuals :razz:

Create wiki yourself if you need them. Use +99 rewinds if you don't wanna lose trying.

p.s. abardam's pic 100% correct, until there an real (not affected by human attention to details, and long memory, 100% not EA-build etc) evidence provided that it's wrong.

I'm gonna claim 'bug/exploit' ... and someone else will say 'feature' ;)

As the people who call it a 'feature' include the developers of the game, I'm gonna say not an exploit :grin:

It doesn't matter so much how it works, as long that EVERYONE who plays KNOWS it works like that. It means I've been doing needless panic moves for nothing.

"Everyone" isn't confused about how it works. Merely a lot of people are. Those are the people who haven't tested it extensively to find out how it works.

It also means I can try playing the game on a bit higher difficulty (custom game settings == WIN!)

That's the way it should be. You first learn enough of the game to not play on Beginner. Then you learn enough to play on Expert. Then you know the game mechanics by heart and go beyond Expert.

Archived