Weather pain can be used as a PvP weapon for non-PvP servers?!

I only found that out today. Some guy got a pan flute and a weather pain. He tried to make us all go to sleep, but couldn't as it wasn't a PvP server. Then he started using the Weather pain and killed 2 players no sweat. I was lucky to get away and I didn't lose much health since I had armour on. But the fact that you can use weather pain on other players is ridiculous. You can't harm yourself with the weather pain, so why would you be able to harm others, even in a server that isn't PvP?! Either that is a bug or something devs overlooked, because what good reason could there be for the weapon to be used as a way to kill other players without the server being PvP?!

It doesn't count as a death by a player being that it spawns an entity.

That's quite a lot like saying that you shot a person, but you didn't kill them, it was the bullet. Same goes for any ranged weapon here. And if all the rest of the ranged weapons cannot be used as killing other players in a non-PvP server, why should the weather pain? Please, don't try to defend weather pain in this case, because it is utterly stupid to do so.

That's quite a lot like saying that you shot a person, but you didn't kill them, it was the bullet. Same goes for any ranged weapon here. And if all the rest of the ranged weapons cannot be used as killing other players in a non-PvP server, why should the weather pain? Please, don't try to defend weather pain in this case, because it is utterly stupid to do so.

I'm not saying that you aren't responsible, I'm saying that the anti PvP doesnt prevent it because it creates an entity that's separate from the weapon itself.

EDIT: Why does this have 6 likes

I'm not saying that you aren't responsible, I'm saying that the anti PvP doesnt prevent it because it creates an entity that's separate from the weapon itself.

Yea, sort of like (I know this is an imperfect example but stick with me) if you plant some spider eggs. All the spawned spiders are entities, if the spiders de-spawned after a few seconds it would be close to the same. OR bee mines! If other players could trigger beemines it wouldn't count as the player killing them. Since the weather pain projectiles stick around after they're fired they count as separate entities I guess, no longer tagged to the player that spawned them. No other projectiles do that. They should be able to fix this though, just drop it in the bug forums.

Archived