I have noticed that there is only one form of transportation in Don't Starve: walking. And it's not an especially fast walk at that. I propose that along with different, faster modes of transportation, such as riding beefalo, having pigs carry you, or perhaps a jetpack of sorts, faster ways of Wilson to move on his own should be added, such as running shoes, and maybe implement combat into this, like having a steampunk mech to move and attack in. Feel free to leave feedback.

Im all for an equippable item that takes the place of the backpack or armour because it still maintains the choice of movement/inventory space/protection. Being too comfy would take away from the survival aspects that make the game enjoyable.

Personally i think the walk speed is fine.

Mounts have been suggested in other threads as a means of traveling faster across the islands, specifically the beefalo and tallbird. The general idea being that you raise both from baby to adulthood and they would be considered "tamed". As we can already hatch smallbirds, the next step is to have them grow into adult tallbirds... and then crafting a saddle. The same can be said for beefalo, once the Devs add baby beefalo to the game.

As for any other means of traveling faster... well no one has yet suggested an idea better than this one.

Mounts have been suggested in other threads as a means of traveling faster across the islands, specifically the beefalo and tallbird. The general idea being that you raise both from baby to adulthood and they would be considered "tamed". As we can already hatch smallbirds, the next step is to have them grow into adult tallbirds... and then crafting a saddle. The same can be said for beefalo, once the Devs add baby beefalo to the game.

As for any other means of traveling faster... well no one has yet suggested an idea better than this one.

Lmao, I saw that. The worst part is it's actually on-par with the game in terms of technology level. Still, you won't punch any spider to death with giant mechanic fists with that :V