New to Don't Starve, loving it, just a few things I would like to see;

To the Game Devs, kudos, you guys are making an amazing game, its been a whille since I've been so hooked immediately. Was just wondering if you guys were planning on making the backpack wearable with the logsuit? That would be nice. As well as maybe being able to make a fence? Or house, or some sort of defensive structure. I know its a survival game, but I don't think it would take away from the challenge as you would still have to leave to collect and farm and such, so there would still be threat from the outside forces. Also, will there be more weapons and such to research? Just some thoughts, would love to hear back from anyone.

Well we want it to remain challenging so make the fences expensive, three planks each maybe and make them breakable if anything wants through (Like if something is chasing you and you go inside the fence they'll break down the fence) or it could just be random upon approaching the fence

I am pretty sure Kevin mentioned somewhere that there will be no houses because they like the camp thingy more. Fences will come at some point, they are still working on more priority stuff though. The backpack and the logsuit will most likely, like... 100% sure, not be able to be used at the same time. the whole point about the backpack is the drawback of taking up the chest slot, same goes for the amulett. You do have to pay a price for defences/bigger inventory/a second life. One of them at a time should be enough for you. Another thing that indicates that this will not happen is that they also put the football helmet into the game when the backpack came out, so you already have a spare armor you can use while wearing the backpack.

I just think, this guy gets teleported to this foreign, unknown and extremely dangerous wilderness left to die with no foreseeable way back to his original home, wouldn't it be nice if he could make it at least a little homey as possible if he's going to survive? At least being able to know he has a safe place to lay his head for the night ya know? What's to stop a spider or hound from coming up while he's sleeping and *chomp chomp*? Am I wrong? If I was dropped in the wilderness with no way home, I would definitely try to make myself as comfortable as possible, I'm an engineer and would build myself a bad ass shelter for starters. Just sayin.

besides the aforementioned tent, I am not here to argue about houses or not. there are two opinions, one says yay, one say nay, I am part of the nay sayers, indeed, but that does nothing here. The point is that the developers already were pretty clear about that, and I guess when we really get fences or some kind of walls, that should do for the safe-feeling part.

besides the aforementioned tent, I am not here to argue about houses or not. there are two opinions, one says yay, one say nay, I am part of the nay sayers, indeed, but that does nothing here. The point is that the developers already were pretty clear about that, and I guess when we really get fences or some kind of walls, that should do for the safe-feeling part.

Yeah I'll put my hand up as a naysayer as well. IMHO the next update should focus on getting you out of your base and not making it more 'homely'. I'm glad with the direction the devs took in this matter.

I think the winter update will do the job to get you out of your base. If neither my berryfarm or my vegetables are going to grow I am pretty much f*cked.

So in winter you will actually have to go out there and work for your food after day 25+

Oh and to add something to the topic too. As much as I would like having my own house, it would defenetly take too much of the constant struggle of survival, so I'd say nay too.

The devs said that the next major update will be the introduction of circling winter and summer times.

And they said winter will be hard as hell, having longer nights and many things not able to grow, but as always in Dont Starve, you also get new opportunities to survive and new things to discover which only occur in winter.

I don't remember the Devs saying that there wouldn't be houses. Maybe they said not Soon.
I am relatively sure kevin said something along the lines of liking the camp style more and thinking fences should do for a "housed feeling", if I am in the right mood I may try to dig that up. I might aswell be wrong though.