Winnie coming soon to DST?

Aight, as you probably know by now, last update made characters yawn if they disturbed bearger during hibernation. Because of this, some sound files needed to be added to the game files, and since I didn't do any hunting lately I wanted to hear the new yawn sounds for each character.

In wilson.fsb I stumbled upon a winnie_yawn, you can check it out over here (I recommend turning the volume down a bit):

https://db.tt/LQNdph9f

A kazoo? A warped whistle? A broken flute?

If true, i'm glad Klei are adding more characters, but I can't say i'd find the reverse of Wigfrid that exciting, considering it's painfully easy to survive off non meats alone, as per Wigfrid doing the reverse.

At least nothing is wasted.

True, but after one gets the hang of the game, there ism't really a (difficult) character for one to try, or has unusual mechanics, that sort of thing.

Wes is trickier in multiplayer due to not only being you there for the resources, and the amounts of hate you'll get upon picking him if you die over and over, which is more likely because Wes....  WX will have to take a longer time to obtain gears less it be told to screw off from the server for taking them all, but that's about it, though.

Wigfrid has the most interesting mechanic in terms of not starving simply because she is cut off from tons of food options in the game. Since many of those options are sanity boosters, of which she has little of, she is forced to constantly fight to keep it up or pick flowers.

I consider Wigfrid the best for a speedrun game and most (op) character overall, because of her traits. Next to Webber, Wolfgang and Wickerbottom she shares the most interesting mechanics in the game. The reality is that when you get right down to it, the characters are very.... Samey feeling in the grand scheme of things. The environment around them doesn't really change how they tackle things to any high degree.... There isn't very much specific you could say a character is highly better at to the point where it's their definitive one up against the others, nor could you say one character has any extreme drawbacks. Wes is again still the worst off, but he just requires a bit more quick thinking and better time management.

I suppose what i'm really trying to say is that if the environment doesn't change much at all, at least let's have a character that feels really different. I'd be fine if they add Winnie in the game... Though really, i'd just end up thinking that it's actually Wigfrid playing a role reversal, or maybe her sister or something.

I don't think she will be reverse Wigfrid because ... it will be nothing new/special they wont waste a character on something like that . I mean every character in DS has something unique .

Winnie would fit in a way as I guess the pacifist. In DST I'd guess she'd the base keeper. Organizing chests, preparing meals, and tending to the farms if she indeed was the pacifist considering shes basically the opposite to wigfrid.

Archived