[Mod] 96 hours campaign length

I made it for myself, but maybe someone else will find it useful.

This mod adds "96 hours" as a choice for campaign length.

I'm not sure what the policy is on redistributing game files, so I won't provide a download here unless I get permission, just instructions:

• In the game's directory (steamapps/common/InvisibleInc) there is a file "scripts.zip"
  • Unzip it and delete/backup it.
  • You will have 3 new folders, "client", "modules" and "sim".
  • You need to edit two files. First, in client/strings.lua change line 1626 from
            HOURS = { "24 Hours", "48 Hours", "72 Hours", "120 Hours", "Endless" },
to 

HOURS = { "24 Hours", "48 Hours", "72 Hours", "96 Hours", "120 Hours", "Endless" },
  • Then, in client/states/state-generation-options.lua, line 118 change
        values = { 24,48,72,120, math.huge},
to 

values = { 24,48,72,96,120, math.huge},
  • Then zip those three folders back into scripts.zip and make sure it is where the original scripts.zip is.
Then once you start the game the option should be there.

To uninstall replace scripts.zip with the original version or just verify game cache in Steam.

Obviously, this should work with any number you wish, not just 96, but I haven't tested it.

We need an official way to mod. One suggestion for lua editing: patch.exe

A modder can take the original file and their file and use it to create a patch file. A user can then use that patch file to modify their copy of the original file. It even works with multiple patches, so long as those patches don't try to modify the exact same part of the original file. And in that case, you can usually do it manually by manually following the instructions in the patch file, and using a bit of common sense when there are conflicts.

And nice mod. I like the idea. I played a few 120 hour games and - assuming I ever get past hour 72 - I'm curious to see how they differ.

The game seems pretty moddable. A lot of code is in unobfuscated and easily editable lua scripts. Unfortunately it's all packed up in a .zip, so applying a mod requires unzipping, merging, and then zipping back up. You can't have a simple drop-in install unless you don't care about compatiblity.

A tool that takes a patch file and applies it to the contents of the zip would have to be made. Fortunately it should be easy.

@Void 1984

Sure, I can, but we can't assume everybody who will download a mod will have a program like this. And anyway, it would be best to apply patches rather than replace files and a tool that can apply patches inside a zip probably doesn't even exist. We'd have to make one.

The game seems pretty moddable. A lot of code is in unobfuscated and easily editable lua scripts. Unfortunately it's all packed up in a .zip, so applying a mod requires unzipping, merging, and then zipping back up. You can't have a simple drop-in install unless you don't care about compatiblity.

A tool that takes a patch file and applies it to the contents of the zip would have to be made. Fortunately it should be easy.

Most of it is, which is awesome. Unfortunately some of the other files like room layouts, and GUI layouts are created using a separate editor which makes their files very difficult to modify by hand, and other assets are the *.kwad packages. But we have free reign over the game scripts.

Nice work though orost!

Also, maybe somebody should set up a general modding thread if some of us are planning on modding things, instead of putting it all in here.

One of the games I used to play (Eufloria/Dyson, for those that care) had a group of modders that would write entirely new AIs for the game. There were also some maps that were made as AI arenas, just for watching matches between the AIs.

Am I the only one that thinks it might be interesting to see what would happen if we could write AIs for the guards? Possibly even the agents, if it were possible to just watch a game?

Also what about having a general modding thread, if it isn't frowned upon by the powers that be?

You don't have to do that, just remap the zip file to a folder in main.lua.

I wrote an article about this issue here.

Dear orost

Is it possible to tweak the difficulty scale? For example, at level 10 (Endless run) guarded, all guards have become omni guards and that just makes everything boring. 

So, is it possible to cap the difficulty scale to for example level 7?

Thanks HumanKirby!

This was also mentioned in another post here and Quigat mentioned to look at the getDifficulty function in serverdefs.lua.

I checked that and found that there is a local MAX_DIFFICULTY = 10.

I changed that to 7 and started a new game. Then I changed that to 4 (on day 3) just to see if it will go past level 4 when next day arrives. It did go past 4. 

Just a little something to maybe help you out. :)

Archived