Entire base burned to the ground

Hello,

I played RoG for the first time and I must say - I love winter..

I was playing for few ours, had few really successful runs for resources etc. and stored everything in 6+ boxes. 30+ silk, few wood stacks, few stone stacks and various other items.

Then summer started. Everything in my base burned to the ground (I like having things close to each other). I officialy did my first ever Don't Starve rage quit.

Before I even try to recover from this, I wanna know how to avoid this. Can my boxes really just randomly burn or it's because I had it close to my fire pit? I also have about 40+ bushes close to each other, can it burn randomly as well? How can I prevent this and how can I tell how far away my boxes have to be from each other to not spread fire (or anything really) or how away it has to be from fire pit?

RoG is really A LOT harder than base game. I could achieve anything in base game until first winter was over and RoG is kicking my ass really hard so far.

/Ok I lied in title a bit. I lost few boxes, tons of resources, my tent and few farms. But I still have my fridge, Crock Pot and a lot bushes (for now..).

Ice Flingomatics.  It's in the Science tab.

Keep them spaced out so that you can cover your entire base (sounds like yours is large enough to require multiple Flingos).

Keep them fueled up during the Summer if you're at / near your base.  Keep them on Emergency mode otherwise.

But yes, to answer your question, during the Summer almost everything around you has a chance to start smoldering and then catch on fire.  It is generally focused on wherever player characters are, so things that aren't nearby won't suddenly go up in flames (in my experience, at least).

Flingomatics and water balloons are your best bet for putting out these wildfires.

Oh thank you I had no idea that such item is required. It sounds like it's absolutely must have for any base.

But can you explain how it works? I checked wiki and it says it will also extinguish campfires. What can I do to prevent it? Looks like some range indicator would be useful in this case. 

Oh thank you I had no idea that such item is required. It sounds like it's absolutely must have for any base.

But can you explain how it works? I checked wiki and it says it will also extinguish campfires. What can I do to prevent it? Looks like some range indicator would be useful in this case. 

When you build it, there will be a large circle indicating the Flingo's range.  Any fire w/in this circle will be extinguished if it's switched on.

If it's in Emergency Mode, it will only douse large fires (ie: multiple fires, like if your boxes were to catch on fire, etc).  It won't douse your campfire in Emergency Mode.

However, since you'll probably want it to be on during the Summer anyway, it's best to take the Flingo's range into account and make sure that you build your campfires outside of the range circle.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to see the Flingo's range once it's been placed, which would be extremely helpful to know for base-building purposes.

Just make endothermic fire pit and spare fire pit out of the range of flingomatics.

You can use a mod for range measure or just build in very inside of facilities to cover all.

Yeah, generally off mode, and only activated when several objects are burning down.

"Emergency Mode" it's when flingomatic is turned off? And still protecting base from smoldering but only if multiple objects are at risk?

Archived