Out Of Memory Crash

Dedicated server works fine. But some clients (even me) can not login to the server. How to check what mods eat the memory? However I still can't understand.... It seems that there is enough memory. Is there any limit of memory?

ec832659e8383093c8a2566106f88aaf05e4a221

I did reboot server. But it does not help.

Client's log.txt in attachment.

log.txt

Edited by Maris

Some component is added on client side, that means its added before:

if not TheWorld.ismastersim then        return inst    end    inst.entity:SetPristine()

Search for this over the forums:

RakNet detected a missing replica

This is your error, out of memory is result of it.

Edited by _Q_

Thanks! The problem was:

if GLOBAL.TheNet:GetIsServer() then    PrefabFiles = {

​It was very difficult to find this bug, because there was only "[00:05:15]: Out of memory. Byted requested: 2246509592" in log.txt

Edited by Maris

I get the same error with no mods installed on either the server or the client.  Is the solution above related at all?

with no mods at all? that sounds strange, can u attach your logfile?

Sure.  This is what I get on the client.  We can start up a fresh game and play as long as we want.  But if we quit and try to reload the next day, only the server can resume playing; clients get the out of memory error.  Sometimes they can get their character to appear and walk around for about 2 seconds, but the clock shows as all daytime (the wedges are all yellow) as if it didn't finish loading the graphics for the HUD.  This is from a client:

• Developer
@calculuschild, are you loading a save game that was started with mods enabled? While it's possible to do this with certain mods, many server mods can't be disabled/enabled after the world has been generated and have the game still function. In our upcoming UI update we'll be changing the mod system so that per save slots server mod setups are possible, so it should make these types of errors more obvious.

@calculuschild, are you loading a save game that was started with mods enabled? While it's possible to do this with certain mods, many server mods can't be disabled/enabled after the world has been generated and have the game still function. In our upcoming UI update we'll be changing the mod system so that per save slots server mod setups are possible, so it should make these types of errors more obvious.

I have never downloaded a mod on the server or the client.  I've only used the base game.  We've tried this on about 4 worlds and every time we can play just fine until we turn off the server and reload it the next day; clients can't reconnect to that world anymore; they get the "out of memory - delete some mods" error which doesn't make sense because we've never used mods.  The mod folder on the server computer is completely empty.

• Developer

@calculuschild, thanks for the info! The clients that are crashing, could you send us a copy of their DXDiag files?

You can get the DxDiag report by following the steps in here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1239590

If you have any more log.txt files from machines that are crashing. That'd be useful to see too.

Also, you could try launching the game with the following launch parameters. To set this, right click on DST in your Steam Library, go to properties, then on the General tab there is a button Set Launch Options

-alternate_gc

Also, you could try launching the game with the following launch parameters. To set this, right click on DST in your Steam Library, go to properties, then on the General tab there is a button Set Launch Options

-alternate_gc

Ok.  I tried using the alternate garbage collector on the crashing client.  We got the same results: she was able to see her character animating and a couple bunnies run near her for about 2 seconds, then everything froze.  The clock never fully rendered (all wedges were "daytime yellow"), and after about 10 seconds Windows said the program had crashed.  Here's the new log file.

I'll also attach the server log file if it's of any use.

log.txt

log (Server).txt

Edited by calculuschild