Game Update 135000 - 4/29/2015

That happens in single-player DS:RoG too.  I switch on flingomatics, ignite my fire farm, kill hounds, put out the fire, all is well.  Save & quit, resume the game the next day, everything burns down.

interesting.

Seems like there always been a small bug, and since they integrated it, the bug came too.

The hard work is going to be how to recreate the bug.

Seems like it's not everytime it happens. But when it does, we're fu*ked :(

@Mushu, you have all those things on fire right off the bat after entering the server?

On fire, not even going through the smolder stage?

I just started the server again. Same spot is on fire. 

mie7pz.jpg

This means I have to move my drying racks, or having the ice flingo turned on before I leave.

Is there anyway to fix this, or do I have to live with it? :-)

Bc. I could always settle somewhere else. It will just take a whole time.

EDIT: Oh.. It fixed itself. I had to let the first 2 drying racks burn.

My guess would be.. If something starting to burn, and you quit, it might "pauses/bug" the burning. When you restart, the burning continues.

@Mushu, I found the issue.

Those are houndfires, houndfires are prefabs that are invisible and get ignited.

When you extinguish them, they don't cease to exist. They keep existing as invisible entities.

Thus, when saving the game, exiting and entering, if they were extinguished, they would appear again, because the prefabs would persist. When they appear again, the game loads that they are ignited.

Only when they finish burning, the prefab gets consumed. Which is how you stopped them.

Either that or by exiting and entering the game again, because entities on fire don't persist.

The solution would be to slap an inst.persist = false on it (the fnfiredrop of the hound file).

Steps to replicate:

1) Get waterballoons / flingomatic

2) Spawn houndfires

3) Extinguish houndfires

4) Exit and re enter the server

I noticed that there are withered twigs in winter? I noticed a lot of bugs that in the beta they had fixed.

Population control not present (tons of spider queens)

extreme network lag when someone joins or quits

Anyone else notice these thing?

I run the simple protection mod but I am going to remove it in case that's messing it up.

Those are houndfires, houndfires are prefabs that are invisible and get ignited.

When you extinguish them, they don't cease to exist. They keep existing as invisible entities.

Thus, when saving the game, exiting and entering, if they were extinguished, they would appear again, because the prefabs would persist. When they appear again, the game loads that they are ignited.

Only when they finish burning, the prefab gets consumed. Which is how you stopped them.

Either that or by exiting and entering the game again, because entities on fire don't persist.

The solution would be to slap an inst.persist = false on it (the fnfiredrop of the hound file).

Steps to replicate:

2) Spawn houndfires

3) Extinguish houndfires

Thanks.

But new update, new crash :( Now the above problem solved, one day after "DST stopped working". Twice.

Gosh :(

EDIT: Seems like its a mod, which makes the game crash after the update. hmh. 

EDIT: It seems like, it's when I'm fighting the spiders. I will do more tests and make a bug report when tested with all mods disabled.

Steps to replicate:

2) Spawn houndfires

3) Extinguish houndfires

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be it.  fnfiredrop already has inst.persist = false, and running your test scenario didn't produce the bug (I only tested in DS;RoG, not DST).  So we still don't know the cause, but at least we've eliminated one possibility.

@TemporaryMan, and I tested my scenario in DST, not single player RoG. :-)

In DST the entity doesn't have the inst.persist thing, it only has it when it's burning, as per standardcomponents.

So my scenario in DST remains, you can open DST and check it yourself.

I don't know where the bug comes from in single player RoG.

EDIT: I tried inst.persists = false and nothing changed.

AddPrefabPostInit("houndfire", function(inst)	inst.OnSave = function(inst, data)		data.burning = inst.components.burnable.burning	end	inst.OnLoad = function(inst, data)		if data and not data.burning then			inst:Remove()		end	endend)

works though.

EDIT2: Of course inst.persists doesn't work.

What happens is the following:

1) Houndfire spawns, sets inst.persists = false

2) Houndfire gets ablaze, no wall or tree tag, sets inst.persists = false

3) Houndfire gets extinguished, no wall or tree tag, sets inst.persists = true

4) You quit and enter the server, persists is in true so it gets loaded

5) Houndfire ignites and sets inst.persists = false

6) Rinse and repeat

Invisible entities on fire, that ARE the fire, should be removed when extinguished.

AddPrefabPostInit("houndfire", function(inst)	inst.components.burnable:SetOnExtinguishFn(function(inst)		inst:Remove()	end)end)

Final edit:

I tested on single player RoG, and after looking at the houndfire there, it works like how the houndfire should work in together. At least I was creative enough to track the issue before looking at the differences :-) Will look for the RoG fire bug now. Sorry I rambled all that.

If I had to guess, it's something like this:

local function onsave(inst, data)    if inst:HasTag("burnt") or inst:HasTag("fire") then        data.burnt = true    endend

That example's from pighouse.lua, but every flammable prefab has a similar function.  What's wrong with it?  Well, if you save & quit while an object is on fire, even if a flingomatic is switched on right next to it, it'll be destroyed when you load.

Contrived, easily-avoided circumstance?  Maybe.  But if you use Whackzay's fire farms, and the game autosaves while you're roasting hounds, and then it crashes the next day without a new save, you're out of luck.  And as unlikely as that scenario sounds, it happened to me two or three times in 700 days.

It's really more an inconvenience than anything.  Takes two days just to place the walls.  The resource cost (84 grass, 42 sticks, 4 boards, 4 pig skin and a couple cut stones) isn't a big deal by the time you can afford 8 flingomatics.

Archived