Set pieces, how to create? Mods?

Hello guys,

Set pieces are like the best thing in this game, when the game starting to be boring and easy.

However, I've noticed it is able to create set pieces. But you need to code it.

And yeah. Sorry, I am very lazy. It menas I need to learn the LUA language, which I want that later on.

My question:

Is it possible to create a set piece fairly easy?
Is there mods?

All I have found is this:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/48070-guide-intro-to-worldgen/

And only this mod, but this mod dosent look a challenge, more nice to have set pieces.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394470072&searchtext=

If I don't know anything about LUA language, but have VERY little basic of C++. How hard will it be for me to learn the LUA language and start making mods and set pieces?
I know it depends on how fast I learn, how much time I spend on it etc. But lemme hear your opinions.

Kzisor (who is also the same person who made that workshop mod you linked in OP) made a very detailed guide specifically on the topic of creating your own set pieces, the thread is found here.

I hope that helps, good luck. Cheers!

EDIT: To answer the questions:

1. It is possible, but the difficulty is not something I can judge cause I haven't dabbled into LUA yet.
  2. There are a few set piece mods out there, but if you're asking about mods that can easily create set pieces for you with just a few clicks, I don't think so.
  3. There are a lot of LUA guides here in the forums, I'd suggest this thread. Unless actual modders would like to suggest better guides. If you're looking for guides on creating specific mods, 
  4. Personally, I believe what would determine how hard or easy learning LUA for you would be highly dependent on the amount of patience you have especially when it comes to problem solving and the repetitive actions that goes with it. i.e. code-save-run game-crash-repeat until you can fix all the problems you encounter. 

Edited by Zillvr

Kzisor (who is also the same person who made that workshop mod you linked in OP) made a very detailed guide specifically on the topic of creating your own set pieces, the thread is found here.

I hope that helps, good luck. Cheers!

Aight, I have only skipped the guide. Guess I have to try it out and ask for help if needed..

I assume there isnt mods for set pieces or spawn them directly.

Yeah, I might need the luck, lol. Thanks anyway!

Aight, I have only skipped the guide. Guess I have to try it out and ask for help if needed..

I assume there isnt mods for set pieces or spawn them directly.

Yeah, I might need the luck, lol. Thanks anyway!

If you use the code in the guide it will save you hours of headache. I am currently a CIS college student and specialize in OOP so I tried to make the code as adaptive to the OOP style as I could with LUA. There are still a few things I need to learn in LUA to make it better, but that is the same code I used to create Additional Set Pieces mod.

Edit:

If you're new to modding check out this link: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/50811-guide-modding-practices-series-index/

Edited by Kzisor

If you use the code in the guide it will save you hours of headache. I am currently a CIS college student and specialize in OOP so I tried to make the code as adaptive to the OOP style as I could with LUA. There are still a few things I need to learn in LUA to make it better, but that is the same code I used to create Additional Set Pieces mod.

Edit:

If you're new to modding check out this link: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/50811-guide-modding-practices-series-index/

I am new, so that's kinda what I was looking for.

Thanks, you're the best x)