The Liberty Debate

XirmiX

Give a man power and he'll abuse it. It's human nature and would require self-control wayyy beyond what the average human has. Need proof? Think back to the most recent examples: Hitler, Stalin, other infamous dictators. Their soldiers got orders to kill a group of people.

At least in Hitler's case it was made clear to these absolutely normal men in uniform that they could go back anytime and choose not to kill anyone. They did though. First because of group pressure. They didn't want to disappoint comrades and commanding officer. Many people turned back after killing their first man, even more continued to, simply because they were given the power to do so. Normal men with wifes and children, never harmed a single man, because it felt "right".

Now imagine anarchy: Everyone has power only limited to their physical form. You could shank your neighbour in the night and nobody would care, or you are next. Ever thought things like "Man, Bob's such a ****** I could just strangle him."? I am very sure that if you could do so without consequence and if provoked accordingly, Bob wouldn't live for long.

I am not saying every human being is a psychopath. I am saying every human is human. I am also not saying that anarchy would be bad, just a lot bloodier. And for now, I prefer safety over a little bit of freedom. Choosing one of these two is what it comes down to in the end.

What?? We're ending this beautiful one sided argument now?! That's just sore.

Yes. The Purge was an accurate portrayal of anarchy. Don't you know, chaos and violence equals anarchy?? Ignorance is bliss. We are good people, good sheep. I am incapable of thinking for myself. Heil Hitler! Heil Hitler!

Pfft, hahahahaha. You sound so stupid. If "The Purge" was to happen as in all crime being legal for a day or so, the majority of people who would be actually going and killing wouldn't be killing civilians, but the crooks from the authorities (i.e. law enforcers, irs, politicians etc.). It's strange that you've never wondered when watched either of the movies; "Well, what are the police and government doing? Are they threatened too? Where they at? Why is none mentioning them at all or showing what's happening from their perspective? Are they themselves going on 'The Purge'". It's all just fear mongering and full o' bullshit.

Give a man power and he'll abuse it.

Which is what you're doing when you're voting. And which is what happens when someone gets elected. You just literally shot yourself in the foot with that sentence.

Mesopotamia was the first human civilization, Which in fact HAD A LEADER....

Guess leaders went that far back huh?

(Some of the important historical Mesopotamian leaders were Ur-Nammu...)

WOW! I don't see any anarchy human species here today...

1) You don't get people born as leaders or born as followers, do you, though? How stupid would a suggestion would be if some people evolved as followers and some evolved as leaders.

2) Me and... a couple other hundreds of thousands of people... may be even millions?

Ehh, I've grown tired. You have been taught that "anarchy = chaos" and that's all you'll ever think, no matter if someone gives you logical, scientific, historical, statistical etc. proof. Well, I've had enough of your psychopathic behavior. I don't get why we couldn't just have a normal debate; I mean I had my opinion, you had your opinion, we could just discuss it like moral human beings. I still care about your freedom, but if you don't care about your freedom, well, then there's nothing I can do. your choice. I'm off from this topic. Yell as much as you want at me for no reason, but it's not gonna do nor me nor you any good.

I love how this argument is just the same thing being repeated over and over without anyone's viewpoint changing and literally nobody cares or gives an expletive about whether the impossible-to exist result could be applicable in real life or not even though it was stated like three times that it isn't and the entire argument is irrelevant. It's real fun to watch.

guys you dont understand 

youre too stupid

youre all SHEEP.

but i am enlightened and i tell you!!! you are being enslaved by the government!!!! your house is a lie!!!! you are not happy!!!! all of you are unhappy but you dont know it yet..... someone MUST help you see THE TRUTH. i can help you with that.... I'm an EPIC anarchist.... XirmiX helped me  change from a stupid sheep to a smart, agnostic (god doesnt exist lol......) anarchist. people are kind and will help each other.... but you've been taught to enjoy life in the current system..... it doesnt matter if life's alright right now.... you simply dont get the BIGGER PICTURE. i suggest watching some youtube videos to help you UNDERSTAND. these people already KNOW what is happening.... they've OPENED their eyes....remember.....listen to them.... the government wants u to listen to them but you must listen to the smart people!!! the anarchy!!!! go now!!! watch youtube videos and post about your superiority on internet game forums!!!!!! for the GREATER GOOD!!!

CyanBlue, Snob, XxTheGentleManScientistxX

Why are you taking the mick out of our opinion instead of observing and discussing stuff like me and Quiet are trying to from our point of view? You may like the idea of a government, but that's not a reason to make offensive sarcasm over and over again. It just makes me think you might not be mentally stable after all >_>

I might as well take the mick out of the idea of a government, but I'm not. I'm giving reasons in a way to make discussion flowing, while you're just making stupid assumptions for... no reason at all! What good will your yelling do? Give you likes and better ratings to your profile? Is that the reason why you're doing this?

It's like every time you hear the word anarchy you do become psychopaths, like when people get drugged real bad and do things that are immoral. Like wtf, guys?!

This kind of reminds me of the days when I was in year 7 and got bullied. And you sound like the bullies. Only this time instead of making me feel sad and embarrassed I'm lmao.

Wait a second.. I just saw a video about obamacare being bad..

While the name sucks floppy wiener schnitzel, ALL other first world countries already had something similar and are happy with it, now MURRICA (WOOO FREEDOM) caught up to the rest of the world and craps all over it? What is wrong with you people?

Before I leave this thread for good, I have put together a compilation of my various reactions to everything that has happened thus far.

When the thread was created

post-287842-0-83241500-1427753409_thumb.

Looking at this thread

post-287842-0-02720900-1427753613_thumb.

When Xirmix tried to argue his point using essentially the same argument rewritten with fancier/less fancy words

post-287842-0-39342200-1427753446_thumb.

What most people in this thread want to do to Xirmix

(Trigger Warning - Blood, Also Knives, Also Blood. )

post-287842-0-44760000-1427753514_thumb.

What Xirmix is making out with us to be doing (In this case, we're Hussie, and he is Dave)

post-287842-0-14008400-1427753552_thumb.

When Xirmix continued to argue his point even after the overwhelming majority disagreed with him

post-287842-0-14748100-1427753592_thumb.

Me trying to break the tension with stupid jokes

post-287842-0-10895600-1427753657_thumb.

Making this post

post-287842-0-37630200-1427753698_thumb.

And that concludes my (most likely not) final post in this thread, and if you have a problem with anything I've said so far.

post-287842-0-21659800-1427753744_thumb.

(pretty sure this post isnt breaking any rules, if the blood thing is a bit too much i can remove that, but its already in a spoiler with a trigger warning and everyfin so whatebber.)

Pfft, hahahahaha. You sound so stupid. If "The Purge" was to happen as in all crime being legal for a day or so, the majority of people who would be actually going and killing wouldn't be killing civilians, but the crooks from the authorities (i.e. law enforcers, irs, politicians etc.). It's strange that you've never wondered when watched either of the movies; "Well, what are the police and government doing? Are they threatened too? Where they at? Why is none mentioning them at all or showing what's happening from their perspective? Are they themselves going on 'The Purge'". It's all just fear mongering and full o' bullshit.

Which is what you're doing when you're voting. And which is what happens when someone gets elected. You just literally shot yourself in the foot with that sentence.

1) You don't get people born as leaders or born as followers, do you, though? How stupid would a suggestion would be if some people evolved as followers and some evolved as leaders.

2) Me and... a couple other hundreds of thousands of people... may be even millions?

Ehh, I've grown tired. You have been taught that "anarchy = chaos" and that's all you'll ever think, no matter if someone gives you logical, scientific, historical, statistical etc. proof. Well, I've had enough of your psychopathic behavior. I don't get why we couldn't just have a normal debate; I mean I had my opinion, you had your opinion, we could just discuss it like moral human beings. I still care about your freedom, but if you don't care about your freedom, well, then there's nothing I can do. your choice. I'm off from this topic. Yell as much as you want at me for no reason, but it's not gonna do nor me nor you any good.

1.) Anarchy does not equal peace either. 2.) Goverment has changed since than, but was infact still a goverment.

3.) I meant actual successful countries . . . not a bunch of whining ass hats.

AGAIN:

Have you guys ever seen that Family Guy episode "Tea Peter"? Something about ^

O___O

This episode presents anarchy and its effects in a comedic, satirical way... it's light and airy... and informative... in a way... O__O

*disappears in a puff of farts*

*reappears in a puff of farts*

Seriously... just try to watch it... I could feel the tension in this thread seeping out the screen of my computer and I can almost cut it with a plastic knife O___O

Xirmix could just me trolling us... or he could actually be serious... either way, try a lighter take on this...

*takes the bus... the government sanctioned bus*

*shots fired*

*bus muffler back-fire*

Archived