*Willow*

Great duelist still

*Wendy*

25% insanity aura resistance is her secret OP ability

*WolfGang*

neeeeeeeeed foooooooooooooooods

*WickerBottom*

why I can not sleep?  

first off, wickerbottom, really? maybe in normal DS but in DST she is a boss, sleeping isn't the only sanity regen method, i mean, make one science machine and you got a alchemy engine for everyone, bases get found and setup far quicker and all bosses are a breeze, 

as for wolfgang, stay in wimpy and he eats just as much as wilson does, only go to might for fighting. if anytihng wx 78 and wendy in the longrun will have the most trouble but wickerbottom and wolfgang are the best lategame willow (if not a griefer) and wilson beeing in the middle.

For PvE:

Tier 1: Wickerbottom and Wigfrid. Wickerbottom's strong early, strong late, and not being able to use tents is not a problem with all the other options for sanity recovery. Wigfrid is well-known for being OP in single-player, and being able to share spears and helmets makes her even better in multiplayer.

Tier 2: Wilson, Wolfgang, Wendy. Wilson's beard is strong, but mostly affects only him (although you can devote less time to finding winter gear?). Wolfgang can offer a lot with his strong attacks, and his hunger problems can be nullified completely by Wickerbottom. Wendy is strong because Abigail trivializes fighting spiders, and her own attacks being weak aren't that much of a problem when there are other players to help out.

Tier 3: WX-78, Willow. Both pretty weak characters without much significant to offer. WX-78 doesn't really benefit a team at all, and Willow's lighters are still pretty impractical. There isn't enough access to gears in DST yet for WX to reach overpowered levels, but RoG will change this and certainly elevate him to at least Tier 2.

Unknown: Maxwell, Woodie, and Webber. Maxwell can be good early because of his starting items, and of course his sanity is great, but his vulnerability to being one-shot can be a major liability in lag. Woodie it's hard to tell, as he will probably get some changes as he gets added. He can get you a lot of wood really fast, and his weakness should be mitigated by having a team to help you out when you transform back. Webber has definite negative synergies with other characters, but perhaps played properly can provide easy spider-products kind of like Wendy.

Tier 9001: Wes. His mimes may be OP, but his other attributes leave much to be desired. You should probably fear the player playing him, though.

For PvE:

Tier 1: Wickerbottom and Wigfrid. Wickerbottom's strong early, strong late, and not being able to use tents is not a problem with all the other options for sanity recovery. Wigfrid is well-known for being OP in single-player, and being able to share spears and helmets makes her even better in multiplayer.

Tier 2: Wilson, Wolfgang, Wendy. Wilson's beard is strong, but mostly affects only him (although you can devote less time to finding winter gear?). Wolfgang can offer a lot with his strong attacks, and his hunger problems can be nullified completely by Wickerbottom. Wendy is strong because Abigail trivializes fighting spiders, and her own attacks being weak aren't that much of a problem when there are other players to help out.

Tier 3: WX-78, Willow. Both pretty weak characters without much significant to offer. WX-78 doesn't really benefit a team at all, and Willow's lighters are still pretty impractical. There isn't enough access to gears in DST yet for 

Unknown: Maxwell, Woodie, and Webber. Maxwell can be good early because of his starting items, and of course his sanity is great, but his vulnerability to being one-shot can be a major liability in lag. Woodie it's hard to tell, as he will probably get some changes as he gets added. He can get you a lot of wood really fast, and his weakness should be mitigated by having a team to help you out when you transform back. Webber has definite negative synergies with other characters, but perhaps played properly can provide easy spider-products kind of like Wendy.

Tier 9001: Wes. His mimes may be OP, but his other attributes leave much to be desired. You should probably fear the player playing him, though.

For the unknown characters on the list I would place Woodie and Webber in Tier 1 and Maxwell in Tier 2.

Webber in tier 1 because he provides a free Spider nest for everyone, so nobody has to worry about searching the map for spiders or going a long distance from home base looking for spiders (I don't know if it's just me, but I always had a hard time looking for spiders on any server) and he could possibly make fighting spider queens pretty simple too.  Also being able to eat monster meat/lasagna without penalties is pretty great too.  

The only issue is other players befriending pigmen since thy will attack Webber on sight. 

Woodie in tier 1 since from my experience on modded servers, most players who play Woodie just stay in beaver form and don't even bother changing back and focus on staying in that form for a long time to aid everyone in resource gathering and combat, and hes pretty much invincible as long as other players find him wood and like what you said you teammates usually would help you out nullify the down sides he has.

Of course there is also the issue of other playing taking your stuff after you turn too. :p

Maxwell for tier 2, mainly due to his early game equipment and sanity boost but some can argue him being in tier 3 due to his low health and the Codex Umbra being too costly use at this time.

All in all this is just my opinion on where I would place the remaining characters on your list at. I do agree with your tier list though Miss Wiki, and Wigfrid is pretty awesome, and Wilson, Wolfgang, Wendy have their perks too. 

In addition, RoG and official unplayable character

Rank A : Wigfrid≧Webber>Maxwell

Rank ∞ : Wes

*Wigfrid*

true duelist will coming soon

*Webber*

if he found spider den set-piece, he would be king

*Maxwell*

he has not insanity problem. this is very important in DST but his body is...

*Wes*

im very mad since Wes can not use when DST-RoG start. he is my favorite and challenge character

I haven't played much in PvP yet, but in PvE Wickerbottom is the ultimate leader for a group. As in DS, she is reliable in combat, thanks to her ability to craft spears and log suits in the early days, she can make crock pots without gold, and have a wonderful book called "summon berries for everybody". In DST, she can raise an army of combat-equiped characters, with a full belly.

Here's an updated version for Clarification

Rank #1: Best pvp characters.

Rank #2: Not good pvp characters, but not the worst

Rank #3: Worst.

Rank #1:

WX-78- Can upgrade and be very tanky, can eat spoiled and Stale foods with no penalty.

Wickerbottom: Spawning with a book is basically the best thing about Wickerbottom, she's like a Mage for DST.

Wilson: The Beard can be used quite efficiently as a meat effigy maker, or a heavy insulator, as for combat, he's default, take a guess.

Wendy: Abgiail and -25% sanity drain from monsters, do I need to go into detail?

Rank #2:

Wolfgang- Gets hungry fast, needs lots of food to deal lots of damage, any Wolfgang is a liability for food.

Willow- Fire is good for blocking enemies, but also can be your death.

Wickerbottom is a good choice when you find yourself on servers that have limited resources due to griefers, accidental fires etc.  She can replenish Tentacles and instantly regrow many resources.  I've been playing on a server in Endless mode that is past day 4000.  Most of the tentacles are gone from the swamp.  There are less than five berry bushes on a large map (thanks to everyone moving them to camp so griefers have easy access to burn them).  I'd put Wickerbottom at the top of the list.

here is updated ver.(still just my opinion)in 2015/03/16

Tier1:  WX-78≧Willow

Tier2:  WickerBottom≧Wolfgang≧Wilson≧Wendy

this Hierarchy depends on how many times a character can be hit by fire darts and firestaff

also depends on how fast a character can make Shadow Manipulator

Tier1 character are a bit overpowered in simply combat(with fire darts and firestaff). geared WX is unkillable and so is Willow

Tier2 character is killable by firedarts and firestaff. but they all have very useful ability

I think very balanced now. at least in PvP. better nerf WX lol

Archived