File Modification?

Okay, so, i have a few questions.

First off, is modding Don't Starve, or going into files changing things allowed? I noticed Hacking in The Community Standards Policy, and was wondering if that's what it's talking about.

The reason why i wonder this is because, well, to put it bluntly, i'm really impatient. So i was going to unlock the characters for myself, once i figured out how. (That's my second question; If anyone has done this, assuming it's allowed, care to help me? :I ) But if not, then i wont.

I do really like this game, but I'm really impatient, so.. I understand I should just unlock them myself for the best experience, but I feel like there's nothing to do at the moment (It is Beta after all.) and I've run out of things to do. It's a bit monotonous to me going through the same thing over and over.

Thanks for helping!

Welcome!:) This is from the terms of service:

In particular, but without limiting the foregoing, you must not:

1. hack, reverse engineer, disable, disrupt or interfere with the functioning of the Game, or modify the Game in any way.

So it would seem like the answer is no. You could try asking the Devs for permission but, considering your reason, chances aren't good.

Welcome!:) This is from the terms of service:

In particular, but without limiting the foregoing, you must not:

1. hack, reverse engineer, disable, disrupt or interfere with the functioning of the Game, or modify the Game in any way.

So it would seem like the answer is no. You could try asking the Devs for permission but, considering your reason, chances aren't good.

Actually, I wrote that well before many of the design principles of the game had been fully worked out.

We will meet it tomorrow and I will revise the statement. We are cool with mods, but we need to work out the generalized statement for it.

We are even exploring the idea of mod support longer on down the road after release. We are mostly just waiting to see what people want to do when they start with modding.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. =)

Actually, I wrote that well before many of the design principles of the game had been fully worked out.

We will meet it tomorrow and I will revise the statement. We are cool with mods, but we need to work out the generalized statement for it.

Oh my God. Awesome!!! ♥

We are even exploring the idea of mod support longer on down the road after release. We are mostly just waiting to see what people want to do when they start with modding.

I'm very happy with this, as long as it don't alter the future content that you were supposed to to add. I.E Don't pass the responsibility to the modders.