Don't Starve Together Roadmap Update: January 2015

What we need right now is a goal, something challenging to do once you've stabilized everything (which is much much easier in DST than the original DS when you play with friends).

That's why I'm looking forward to seeing caves added. This will bring some challenges into the game for me and my friends!

Controller support, of all things, ranks above Mac/Linux support? Even if the former is only about adding another way of playing the game, whilst the latter is about being able to play the game at all?

I would have to say it's much easier to add controller support, then writing the source code for an OS.

I would have to say it's much easier to add controller support, then writing the source code for an OS.

The source code can already be compiled per-OS (the code they started with worked for Mac/Linux/Windows), it's just a matter of going back and checking if things got broken in various updates.

And controller support is far less trivial than it might seem. It's not a simple mapping of controls to the controller buttons, the game actually handles controller support in fundamentally different ways.

But there's really not much point arguing about what's easier or harder. They're all on the table, and they're all getting done relatively soon.

Archived