Why has nothing really appeared in the last month or so?

I keep looking here and really it's just some small updates and hotfixes. No big updates, or information on them, no trailers, nor clues for puzzles. I'm starting to feel as if this is how far Don't starve will go, though, it really won't, so how long till something very awesome happens, like a trailer, big update or a puzzle? If devs are trying to look for a way of getting multiple worlds working, they're just wasting their time, because it's probably impossible and it would probably be easier to just make multiple worlds in the same space in some way.

If devs are trying to look for a way of getting multiple worlds working, they're just wasting their time, because it's probably impossible and it would probably be easier to just make multiple worlds in the same space in some way.

And you know this because you are a different kind of pro, right?

Who are you to dictate what is or what is not impossible.

Get off your high horse.

Not dictating anything, just saying that it's PROBABLY impossible, I mean, if it was, then devs would probably had made it work by now even with a lot of errors and such. Just saying :/

But what does that have to do anything with my "proness" in the game? I'm good at playing the game, but not good at programming. Just suggested that it's probably pointless trying to get the caves or adventure mode going as if they were different worlds.

Wow XirmiX, you're so positive and optimistic about all the hard work and long hours poured into creating this game, and the ingenuity and capabilities of our favorite devs. :encouragement:  How about until Jamie is signing your paychecks, you hold off telling them just how impossible their dreams and goals are, mkay?

• Dec 15th, the game went into Early Access/open beta on Steam. That's the big update.
  • The following 7-10 days, the devs worked their tails off fixing bugs that were making EA unplayable. That's FAR MORE important than making a video teaser.
  • Klei then was out of the office for the holidays. They're people too. There's been a stickied post from JoeW on every sub-forum here explaining that they were gone, and would have very limited staff manning the forums until they returned this past Monday.

Here's what they plan to work on next: http://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment/b/608718644. From Seth himself, 13:20 through about 15:30.

Not dictating anything, just saying that it's PROBABLY impossible, I mean, if it was, then devs would probably had made it work by now even with a lot of errors and such. Just saying :/

But what does that have to do anything with my "proness" in the game? I'm good at playing the game, but not good at programming. Just suggested that it's probably pointless trying to get the caves or adventure mode going as if they were different worlds.

A bit early to be making assumptions, isn't it? You have to remember, they're a small team as well. If they weren't going to be able to get it to work, they would have said something by now. Just buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the ride, yeah?

Mkay, I see. But I'm hoping we'll see something good at least this January. Also, open beta doesn't seem like a big update to me, it's just changing the amount of people who can enter! A big update as I see it is content wise within the game, like the Moon rock stuff and Ewecus was.

Mkay, I see. But I'm hoping we'll see something good at least this January. Also, open beta doesn't seem like a big update to me, it's just changing the amount of people who can enter! A big update as I see it is content wise within the game, like the Moon rock stuff and Ewecus was.

There hasn't been a big update because the team has been pushing small updates constantly.

Here is the list of changes in the last 30 days. (remember, many of us were on vacation during half of this time)

You can see a list of all the updates DST has had here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/72-dont-starve-together-beta-developer-log/

Keep in mind, this is just the stuff that has been pushed live in the last 30 days. It also only includes things that we put on the changelist. Some other things like various code end optimizations aren't on this list.

Changes

Mod character avatar textures and atlases are now set via images/avatars/avatar_prefabname.xml and avatar_prefabname.tex.

Many creatures will send out more defenders if you attack their homes.

Maxwell's influence can now be found in newly generated worlds.

More creatures have beefed up health for multiplayer.

Add separate messages for creating and resuming offline worlds.

Reduced network data overhead.

Abigail now stays with Wendy even after she dies.

Abigail’s flower now displays correctly for Wendy in containers.

Abigail’s flower will not bloom if it is held by or placed on the ground by any character other than Wendy.

Bug Fixes

Armor will no longer load with greater than 100% durability.

TheNet:LookupPlayerInstByUserID is now fault tolerant and will return nil if the player is not connected or out of range (client only).

Survival mode will now persist after world reset (rather than reverting to endless mode)

Server settings will now persist after world reset in survival mode

Ewecus will be unfrozen by attacking it

Players can no longer craft items while stuck by Ewecus

Fixed a bug in the server selection screen that made it difficult to join a server while refreshing

Fixed SaveIndex:Load crash when joining some servers

Fixed bug where clients can stay in game after getting kicked, banned or dropped.

Fixed crash when trying to join expired servers

Changes

Spiderqueen has become more fertile, to deal with the human threat.

Ewecus focuses more on a single target.

Hound spawning rebalance for multiplayer.

Bug Fixes

Fixed disconnect on trying to auto-download more than one mod.

Fixed client Physics errors that would sometimes cause desyncs

Light from Miner Hat and Thermal Stone can now be seen by all clients

Fixed weird hair sometimes when wearing hats.

Fix crash in Spat when its target disappears

Profile/Mute icons no longer show up for dedicated servers

Optional adminlist.txt support added to allow remote administration of dedicated servers

Fixed cropping issue when using the lua console in ‘execute’ mode

Changes

Inventory animation is now shown when players give you an item

Added a new Wilderness game mode where player ghosts are disabled and players are spawned to random locations. Players are returned to the character select screen upon death.

Bug Fixes

Fixed crash that occurs when a user joins a server during shutdown

Fixed client crash when a container is open during a world reset

Changes

Vote Kick option added to Player Status screen. Only available on dedicated servers when no remote admin is present. Currently disabled by default but can be enabled by changing VOTE_KICK_ENABLED in constants.lua

Permission lists (blocklist.txt, adminlist.txt) now support lines containing User ID only, without requiring empty separator sections

Block list now supports banning players by Steam ID in addition to User ID. Steam IDs can be manually added to the end of blocklist.txt, one per line.

Improved download speed of server listings

World reset can be cancelled by another live player spawning in, if the countdown was started upon resuming a server (e.g. Host was a ghost)

Eating animation is now shown when players are fed

Players can no longer be fed while sleeping

Bug Fixes

Fix text offset for “Remote:” to allow for translation

Fixed a bug where servers would not relist after a Steam outage

Bug Fixes

Fixed issue causing a crash when failing to join a server (invalid password, wrong version, etc)

---

Changes

Added c_announce console command for servers

Saving widget is now shown on clients

GetWorld and GetPlayer return more details about where they are being called from

Reduced network data overhead for entity construction

Join a friends game through Steam friends interface

Bug Fixes

Fixed crash on server when a player disconnects while sleeping

Player skeletons will now show the correct description when examined repeatedly

More accurate spider creep testing.

Fixed crash shutting down servers

Fixed details not loading in server listing screen

Fixed crash clicking server mods in server listing screen

120547 - 12/14/2014

Changes

Players can only be fed while they are idle

Added ability to disable snapshots through settings.ini

[network] enable_snapshots = false

Speed improvements to the server listing screen:

No longer ping servers you can’t join

Populate ping field with cached ping result

Changes

Customization option for alternate beasts

Removed resurrection items and recipes from Wilderness game mode

Bug Fixes

Fixed bug where bush hat sometimes cancels immediately after it is activated

Fixed bug where spiders sometimes fail to investigate in a timely fashion when a player walks onto creep

Fixed memory leak in json parsing

120895 - 12/17/2014

Changes

Cache account authentication details, improves login times

Show correct error message when login servers are down

Increased account communication timeout

Bug Fixes

Fixed several game server memory leaks

Changes

Notify users if they are running an unsupported version

Reduced update frequency to the listing server

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where some players were being assigned black or transparent colour for their user name

Removed unused connection_index code from client table

Fixed blocking Curl requests

Changes

People you have played with now appear in the Steam view players feature.

Added a colour cube effect for player ghosts.

Game mode data has now been refactored into gamemodes.lua.

Game modes can be added from mods via AddGameMode.

Bug Fixes

Fixed bug where lightning flashes sometimes causes a permanently darkened screen

Creepy Eyes and Shadow Watcher hallucinations will appear properly for clients now

Maxwell Statue will appear properly for clients now

Fixed crash when disabling mods that was caused by frontend assets not being reloaded. Future mods should refrain from overriding assets in the global prefab as they are unable to be unloaded when disabling mods.

122029 - 12/24/2014

Changes

Bug Fixes

Fixed wall pathfinding on clients

Shadow Skittish hallucinations will appear properly for clients now

Resolution switching fixed in full screen mode.

122454 - 1/7/2015

Changes

Server listings now show if you have an existing character on that server. Note: this will not work completely for characters played before this patch, but after the update, any server you join will show which character you’re playing on that server and how many days that character has survived.

You can now filter server listings by servers you already have a character on.

Server listing details now show what season and what day the world is on.

Server listing details now have a button to view the world generation settings used for that world.

Bug Fixes

Players joining a server where all players are dead now have a correct message on the world reset timer.

Fix pressing ESC on world gen customization screen erroneously prompting you to discard changes when in view mode.

Fix preset string never having "(Custom)" suffix when in view mode of world gen customization screen.

Fixed broken custom mod left click actions.

Shadow hands will appear properly for clients now.

Fixed a memory leak in sound emitters.

Fixed a bug where sounds are sometimes dropped on clients for newly spawned entities (e.g. spiders coming out to investigate).

Restored Chester’s ability to morph.

Fix crash that could happen when changing world gen options in a preset.

Archived