So...How are you supposed to fight things?

@TheKingofSquirrels, Turning off action prediction is a huge help here. I know some people like to turn it off just for fighting, but I prefer to keep it off all the time. If you want to turn it off just for a game, enter this on the console:

ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)

If you want to disable it forever, go into scripts/prefabs/player_common, and change this line:

local USE_MOVEMENT_PREDICTION = false

Keep in mind it will get reset to true on many of the updates, since they often change player_common.

Once you have it off, you don't have to deal with misleading animations/positioning anymore, just delay.

Eventually this option is supposed to be exposed in the game menus.

There is two things I do to compensate lag, since they are the only things I have gotten to work. Either make your enemies die fighting pigs the easy way, or pretend your character is moving a inch ahead of where the server actually thinks. Killing pigs is nearly impossible with the inch margin, but turning them to were pigs makes their kiting go away. Changing the move predication may work for fighting, but it does not help me when I lag (which is when I need the help  :wilson_hurt: ).

Archived