How would Wes be useful?

@J192, Being better than Willow. 

But really, his purpose in the game is to provide additional challenge for those who want it. He's not supposed to have perks; the balloons are more making fun of having perks than anything else ("you thought you were going to have perks? have these useless balloons instead").

but what's his actual purpose?

You wanted to edit the wiki adding info on the ewecus sometime ago, yet you don't read it. In it, it says that his purpose is to offer players who think dont starve is too easy a challenge...

If thats your case, well go ahead. Also you may like his appearance, who knows.

Btw what says on the wiki wouldnt be too hard to deduce, right? He is just hard mode

You wanted to edit the wiki adding info on the ewecus sometime ago, yet you don't read it. In it, it says that his purpose is to offer players who think dont starve is too easy a challenge...

If thats your case, well go ahead. Also you may like his appearance, who knows.

Btw what says on the wiki wouldnt be too hard to deduce, right? He is just hard mode

In a team-based game, hard-mode would just be useless-mode. I meant what benefits would he bring to the team.

@J192, Being better than Willow. 

To be fair, Willow can now light creatures on fire by hitting them with her lighter, it's the equivalent to a melee fire staff.

Makes hunting really easy, since mobs like Beefalo, Koalefants, and the soon to come Bearger all run around like mad when on fire.

Just, as long as Willow doesn't over do it. Obvs if you kill something on fire, your delicious loot is burnt to ashes.

In a team-based game, hard-mode would just be useless-mode. I meant what benefits would he bring to the team.

a spare working hand... you are not playing with others for their perks, but for their help.

I pray to god Wes isn't unlocked by default, since adventure mode is planned for DST.

His chats going to be muted, he will just starve your team out and die... at least new players will.

why muted? that won't be DST anymore, that would be... do not starve while being ignored

why muted? that won't be DST anymore, that would be... do not starve while being ignored

(Forget if it was Seth of Joe) said that "Wes will remain a mime" when asked about his chat.

I also remember one of them saying he will get something (aka more emotes) to make up for it.

But you can do that with torches, too. 

Really?

Sh*t

a spare working hand... you are not playing with others for their perks, but for their help.

1. Other characters have more able working hands.

2. You are playing with each other for the benefits of multiple players but with the cost of multiple players.

3. About #2, Wes has no practical benefits at all.

yeah that sorta make sense.

also, do wes have better stats than willow?

i thought he was that worst character

Wes:

HP - 113

Hunger - 113

Sanity - 150

Willow:

HP - 150

Hunger - 150

Sanity - 120

So Wes has a higher sanity max than Willow, but it's worth noting that Wes loses a bit more sanity from all sources, and has a faster hunger rate. Willow does not.

Also Willow can regen her sanity while near any fire, or just holding her lighter out.

Edit: Forgot, Wes does as much damage as Wendy. So yeah, he is the worst.

1. Other characters have more able working hands.

2. You are playing with each other for the benefits of multiple players but with the cost of multiple players.

3. About #2, Wes has no practical benefits at all.

ok but you said that other players won't benefit from having a wes player and that is wrong bc 3 + 0.5 is maybe less than 4 but is still more than 3 (wes is a half character cause low stats)

ok but you said that other players won't benefit from having a wes player and that is wrong bc 3 + 0.5 is maybe less than 4 but is still more than 3 (wes is a half character cause low stats)

4 is still better than 3.5

The thing is that characters aren't numbers.

However, if you insist in converting the characters into number, then Wes would be a -1.

@J192, Any player can have negative contribution if they play badly. If you're using your recent performance in W's world as Wes, I think that would qualify for "playing badly".

I've had several good games of DST where I played as Wes and made great contributions.

How is hard mode in a team based game useless mode??? Your hunger will go down faster, you have less hp , you can DIE faster, or in a bad situation ...Doesnt matter how many teammates you have, a mob aggro you , and kills you easier than it would kill someone else, isnt that still hard mode? except you have like 3 other people around you? If that is going to be something bad for everyone else, thats something else. Cause so is willow, and so can be wickerbottom, say she has low sanity, and cant sleep , no mushrooms, no taffy, you're dead..., you're low on hp with WX, it starts raining , you're dead, It's survival mode, the sanity drain kills everyone, so its just dont starve except things are harder for you... Wes has lower hp than those characters and low hunger ...points that drain faster :/

I still think that Wes needs a new perk. The perk would make him a aggro magnet. Most nearby monsters will chase after Wes if they see his mime act, allowing his teammates to handle the fighting easier.

Because everyone hates mimes.

Wes is not useless. He is just less usefull. Stop trying to make this seem like a bad thing, because it isn't. He is effectively hard mode, as you still die and suffer much more easily than other characters, and it's not as much of a group penalty, but a player penaulty. It probably would go more like a player joining as wes and then having more trouble feeding himself and stuff.

Maybe Ridley's idea would be good(and make sense. Freaking mimes...) for the team, but overall, Wes is supposed to be a bad thing. He is supposed to make stuff hard. Complaining that the hard character makes the game harder doesn't make much sense, does it?

Also, Willow is quite a good character for hunting, as you can set fire to Whatever you want to eat and keep hitting it while it's on fire without taking fire damage. Makes my abigail hunting strat feel a bit outdated...

I still think that Wes needs a new perk. The perk would make him a aggro magnet. Most nearby monsters will chase after Wes if they see his mime act, allowing his teammates to handle the fighting easier.

Because everyone hates mimes.

That sounds like a very well balanced perk, even in singleplayer! Early game you would be completely and utterly screwed. Later on you would have super mob farming ability!

That sounds like a very well balanced perk, even in singleplayer! Early game you would be completely and utterly screwed. Later on you would have super mob farming ability!

Yes, perfectly expoitable but equally dangerous. Wes's low stats are a risky bet. 10 hounds attacking 3 people? Have a Wes run in circles while the other players solo one hound at a time.

Yes, perfectly expoitable but equally dangerous. Wes's low stats are a risky bet. 10 hounds attacking 3 people? Have a Wes run in circles while the other players solo one hound at a time.

seems a bit gamey. Maybe they could make it so that the group aggro thing overlaps the Wes aggro, so that you can use Wes as a distraction to run, but can't just use him to make fighting huge armies of monsters so easy.

seems a bit gamey. Maybe they could make it so that the group aggro thing overlaps the Wes aggro, so that you can use Wes as a distraction to run, but can't just use him to make fighting huge armies of monsters so easy.

This is something I have always wanted to test to see if this perk would be a good idea. I suppose I could mod it, but I don't imagine me doing that.

He will go around wasting food and other resourses really hard and being worse then useless for others.

Wolfgang eats a lot but deals tons of damage.

Wendy is weak, but Abigail saves her in combat.

Willow have low sanity but has lighter and can easily hunt/fight using fire.

Etc....

Wes eats a lot, can't fight, has low sanity. - a uselees char who waste food/space, really cool punishment for a team.

I won't ever allow Wes to be on my server...

Archived