The new feature is too much for new players *spoiler*

Recently I played dst with a freind whos very new to the game, it was day 3-5 (cant remmember exactly), we bad no armor or weapons but tools, we found a track, I told him lets go for it, I geared up woth another axe and we followed the trail thinking "The koalephant is so slow, I can kite him without getting hit once" and than in the end of the trail we found the Varg!, we ran away in diffrent ways, and after running for 2 mins, he died and we couldnt find each other again...

im not against adding a Varg to the game, I even was one if the people who wanted him in the hounds attack, but on day 3 its just way too extreme, there was no way we could fight that thing with axes only..

When one creates the server, shouldn't there be an option for the Varg chance of appearing at the end of the trail? If yes, one can turn him off at the world settings page.

-edit- Just created a test server, it seems there's no option for Vargs in the world settings page, even though in the single game there is one.

It always surprises me when Klei adds something that's completely optional but kinda hard, and then people complain that it's not easy XD If hunts can lead to something dangerous, then don't go on them if you're not prepared. Honestly even if you can reliably kite the koalaphant it was still a bad idea to hunt one with no gear at all.

I just thought that it's not possible. And weird, too. I haven't seen Varg in DST yet, so I doubt it happened..

It almost assuredly happened. Try taking a look at the patch notes and you'll see that they added Vargs into Together along with the Ewecus.

I've only found one Varg myself so far, but luckily he didn't seem to aggro as quickly as he does in Reign of Giants, so I just casually walked away.

I'm planning to make a stone pen near some Frog ponds and going back to capture it later, I just need to get all the materials together first. It takes sooooooooooo many rocks to make a Varg pen, and I need some Sleep Darts as well to knock it out while I close the pen. =_=

Archived