[General] - Problem with saves

Have the same issue. Started a new run, exited, came back and everything was deleted. Assuming it's a save issue as stated. I guess I start from scratch? This is kind of a big bug.. I'm not sure how this was missed when released. I assume some people are going to be upset to find that their current run/unlocks/high score are cleared (without warning).

On the other hand it help me to finally test new tutorial, introduction in blind spots helpful thing
sad thing - after tutorial automatically starts easy story mode, difficulty setting that previously showed at "select team" screen was useful

I guess I start from scratch? 

you can download my backuped save from my previous comment, there only new Shalem loadout would be locked

It does suck.  This occurred to me without a crash...  I closed the game to look at the patch notes (just did 2 server runs and had not seen a new program, wanted to confirm that there were new programs.)  I re-load the game, and everything is wiped.

Now starting endless mode over... again.

This bug needs priority fixing, along with the buster chip bug.

Unfortunately I do not have this problem. I finished 2 levels on my old savegame without problems, after which I deleted it, sins I always do that after an Update.

To be fair, this is explained on the forum, by Jason, I believe, that they will try to keep the savegames compatible with updates, but they can not guarantee compatibility, due to being Early Access and certain changes might not go well with old savegames.

I think savegame compatibility should always be mentioned when the patch notes are made available. Not everyone remembers or knows about previous statements being made.

I have the same problem. I have no problem with compatibility, but my progress are wiped out once I unlocked archived Shalem. This means endless mode is also locked again forcing me to play story mode whereas I should have unlocked the endless mode to begin with.

I also lose my old savegames and progress (xp and reputation) after I save and exit the game. Fortunately I made a backup a few days ago so I didn't have to start from 0, but it hurts to lose a few days of gameplay.

Unfortunately saving still bugs the file, so I will wait a few days and see if the devs can find a fix.

• Developer

Thank you Shirsh for your savegame and log, they helped us track down the issue which involved endless mode games.  We're working hard right now to get out a hot-patch to resolve the bug.  Hopefully these kinds of issues will happen less and less, but maintaining backwards compatibility with previous versions can often prove quite a challenge.

This bug seems very serious, because the save files keep on being deleted every time I start the game. I had back up for previous save last time, but I started a new run then the save files gone again. Please, you have to fix this asap, so that it should not happen at all.

Archived