Multiple Game Saves/Worlds

This is a small idea I had while playing, asking myself:

"What if an update that adds new biomes, or changes world generation a bit, meaning I'd have to die in this world to make a new one."

Then, I asked myself:

"But what about all my hard work I put into this world? :c"

So this is where my idea comes in, you can have multiple game worlds, which you can also play as different characters for example:

World 1 - Wilson

World 2 - Willow

This means that you can keep your current world, but also start up a new one, that does not have an affiliation with the other world.

What do you guys think? Would it be great to have multiple worlds saved? So you can go in whichever you want?

(Also, imagine MineCraft Hardcore Worlds, kind of like that)

No offense meant, but you are in the BETA at the moment. The updates that are happening right now that are making you want to reset, won't be happening after the full release. So it would be pointless to issue this feature for that specific reason.

No offense meant, but you are in the BETA at the moment. The updates that are happening right now that are making you want to reset, won't be happening after the full release. So it would be pointless to issue this feature for that specific reason.

I'm just putting this here so they atleast think about adding it in sometime, no need to be harsh >.>

That is kinda pointless as you can just create a new world or start a new game with a different character of in your current game build a tent and switch skins.

What Matthew said, they've said that sometime they will be adding a different island generation, and I'd LOVE to experience it, but I don't want to lose my old world, as I put in a lot of work on it.

Edited by Sorez
So I don't double post.

I approve of this suggestion.

People who have their own base would still be able to continue but what about those who want to try new methods of survival? What about people who want to generate interesting maps? What about people who want to see how long they can survive by limiting actions/items?

It is hard to part with a 200 day character for some people.

I approve of this suggestion.

People who have their own base would still be able to continue but what about those who want to try new methods of survival? What about people who want to generate interesting maps? What about people who want to see how long they can survive by limiting actions/items?

It is hard to part with a 200 day character for some people.

Just the same as me, which is why I suggested this :D

What Matthew said, they've said that sometime they will be adding a different island generation, and I'd LOVE to experience it, but I don't want to lose my old world, as I put in a lot of work on it.

I agree. I would opt for a map-save system as well, not only a game-save system. This way you would be able to exchange nicemaps with other players. (I don't think Don't Starve will go online, not counting Steam, so I'm thinking of other ways to share goods)

Btw if you have a good map you would like to share:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?5468-What-is-your-best-random-generated-map-ever-Post-it-here