Lack of Clockwork Monsters --> Gears

Now, after playing a ton of Don't Starve Together and the obvious issues already addressed.

I've noticed that after searching 2 worlds for a long time we have come across no set pieces and as a result - no gears - no ice box.

Now I'm assuming the case is that they aren't actually present on the world due to the fact that they ONLY SPAWN NEAR THE WOODEN THING - and I am assuming the Wooden Thing is a Single-Player only item.

As a result, we've been forced to spawn in Gears...

Any one else been forced to do this?

Or have actually found them?

It's because Maxwell biome has yet to be fully enabled yet, since it does heavily really on teleportato mechanisms being strewn about the world. I have a feeling once they get to good ol' Maxwell again, then we will probably see that particular biome return.  Either with the scavenger teleportato pieces enabled or disabled temporarily.  However like the others have stated; gears can be gained through graves or messing with the preset to enable more (or lots) in your world.  I do the latter example all the time.

In 2 worlds, managed to get lucky and get a single gear from graves.

In 1 world, did not get lucky at all.

In 1 world, found the Winter Chest set piece.

So yeah, it's just a thing right now since the Teleportato isn't in DST yeat... no gears unless RNG grants them to you.

That's weird. Last night I was playing with friends and I did got the teleportato parts, and the wooden thing as well. I remember cause I was pushing the ring thing as a ghost to our camp...

OMG it's in now?!?! I haven't played since the update. Whelp, there goes the rest of my weekend!

Archived