DST modding/modding section?

So I know that DST is in early development, but shouldn't other people tinkering with the code be slightly encouraged? It could make implementing a modding API easier in the long run, and there's already been someone who tweaked the code to allow a server with more than 4 players. Or should tinkering be limited to general discussion or suggestions?

I've been updating mods to work with DST, but I don't think there should be a modding section yet. People like me will tinker with the code anyway, and that will give them enough info on what they need for mod support when they're ready to official support mods.

Basically all we need is a way for mods to communicate between the server and the client copy, and we'll be pretty much set.

I've been updating mods to work with DST, but I don't think there should be a modding section yet. People like me will tinker with the code anyway, and that will give them enough info on what they need for mod support when they're ready to official support mods.

Basically all we need is a way for mods to communicate between the server and the client copy, and we'll be pretty much set.

That reminds of how Minecraft mods work :D

I have yet to see how the client and server communicate. I assume that they use luaSocket. Would a sort of "mod channel" protocol through luaSocket work in this situation. From my experience with Minecraft server plugins that need to communicate to the bungee proxy, this is how it was done.

Archived